Campbelltown to Artarmon

Fab1

Can someone more familiar with driving to the city than me help me out with the tolls involved driving from campbelltown to Artarmon.

Costs involved,which route etc please.

I have recently  taken a job there and train and bus in  but would like to know what im up against if i need to drive. 

Cheers guys.

M7, M2, Lane Cove Tunnel, I think from memory. I used to drive to and from the city, crossing the Harbour Bridge and it would have cost close to $20. And depending on the time you travel, the M2 can be a parking lot. If you leave before 6am it is a little better and leave to return home by 4. ?

Cheers guys,i forgot to add if it helps im rostered on nightshift 6pm-6am.But my roster will include weekends at times and from my previous experience catching the trains/buses back in the 90's they weren't the most reliable or frequent during the weekends.

I would of thought i took the m5  then m7 and then get lost.lol.

• Like 1

Download  WAZE on your smartphone ...  its an excellent navigation tool. Free download, uses a teeny bit of your data plan ...  but all WAZE users are constantly updating their journey, so WAZE knows about problems, slow downs etc and can automatically re-route you.  Has other nice features, but free download, give it a go....

Cheers

Zoran

PS - forgot to say, if you end up driving M7 and up Pennant Hills Rd (ie Cumberland Hwy), your about 5min from my house.... drop in for a coffee/beer.  

Edited by zmk1962
PS

2 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Download  WAZE on your smartphone ...  its an excellent navigation tool. Free download, uses a teeny bit of your data plan ...  but all WAZE users are constantly updating their journey, so WAZE knows about problems, slow downs etc and can automatically re-route you.  Has other nice features, but free download, give it a go....

Cheers

Zoran

Will do mate.I dont want to have to give up this job due to travel issues as it is excellent work and pays really well.

Cheers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Cheers

Zoran

PS - forgot to say, if you end up driving M7 and up Pennant Hills Rd (ie Cumberland Hwy), your about 5min from my house.... drop in for a coffee/beer.  

Cheers.I worked at pennant hills toyota as a spraypainter.

3 minutes ago, Hateanchors said:

Fab, for the time that you are travelling at I would go M5 and  then over the bridge. You can get the M5 cash back as well.

I haven't driven to the city for over 20yrs mate and the last time I caught a train was in 1994 up until 2 weeks ago.lol.How does this cashback work as I haven't used a toll road In yonks too?

25 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

I haven't driven to the city for over 20yrs mate and the last time I caught a train was in 1994 up until 2 weeks ago.lol.How does this cashback work as I haven't used a toll road In yonks too?

First of all, you need a tag, as all tolls are cashless. For cashback, if your vehicle is privately registered, you can claim cash back for the tolls incurred on the tollways where cashback exists (M5), but not M5 East I think. This is done quarterly online and I don’t think you can claim the GST component.

For the times you’re travelling, you shouldn’t have too much of an issue with the trains. Even on the weekends.

11 hours ago, Hateanchors said:

Fab, for the time that you are travelling at I would go M5 and  then over the bridge. You can get the M5 cash back as well.

Another way you can go is M7 to M4, Homebush Bay Dr, Victoria Rd and up through River Rd. Probably the shortest route. Different tolls to M5 route and more of a twisty drive.

Edit, you can miss M7 and take Cumberland Hwy to M4 first up if you like as well. Might be alright on the weekend.

Edited by Hateanchors

I would suggest m5 would be the quickest route, 

You are pretty much going against traffic at those times so there wouldn't be too much traffic

Waze and google maps are both pretty good, they take into consideration the traffic and find the quickest route