What size boat fits

Fab1

Don’t forget to allow for the motor as well, on tilt. At my old place in Sydney, I kept my 4.5m tinny on a slab out the front (side on to the house) but would put it in the garage the night before a trip for an easy get away in the morning. I could only close the garage door down to the drawbar. Garage was almost 6m from the back wall to the door.

Theres a fair few boats that will fit your dimensions the only issue i can see u having is the 2m height limit. I think ul find most boats that size when on the trailer will be under 2m to the gunnels but your console will put you over 2m.....so you might be looking for a boat with a collapsing/folding console visor......

Ps a trailer with fold back coupling should let u get some extra length if thats what you want.....

Edited by GoingFishing

I was thinking maybe another runabout,bow rider,or side console.I like cabin boats too but the height would be the issue.It must fit in the garage whatever I choose as I don't have anywhere else to house a boat.

Say something like a quintrex coast runner in the 4.8m range as an example that would probably fit on the same length as  trailer my 420 sits on.

My boat is 5.4m but on the trailer with the motor down is 7.13m or motor tilted up its 7.48m.

so I put it sideways in my current 6x6 garage with the motor down. Which I have to remember when dragging it out as I have dragged the leg twice as the driveway slopes.

As for height my bait board is the highest part at 2.48m. The windscreen is 2.2m from the ground. So my bait board clears the panel lift door just by 2cm if that.

i also cannot move my boat more forward on the draw bar, as it’s a bowrider and is already close to the tow ball and a swing draw bar would not give me much extra room as the bow sits well forward of the post.

So at my new house I’m building a garage to suit the boat ?

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

My boat is 5.4m but on the trailer with the motor down is 7.13m or motor tilted up its 7.48m.

so I put it sideways in my current 6x6 garage with the motor down. Which I have to remember when dragging it out as I have dragged the leg twice as the driveway slopes.

As for height my bait board is the highest part at 2.48m. The windscreen is 2.2m from the ground. So my bait board clears the panel lift door just by 2cm if that.

i also cannot move my boat more forward on the draw bar as it’s a bowrider and is already close to the tow ball and a swing draw bar would give me much extra room.

So at my new house I’m building a garage to suit the boat ?

Sounds like your size boat is a tad too long/tall for my space.

4 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Coast runner is a good option but ud need to measure the top of the visor and as jeff correctly pointed out the height of the bait board if it has one.

Another option is the quintrex top ender or renegades

Will do.When I decide to get something else I'll be sure to check lengths,heights etc.Im guessing I'm fairly safe to look at boats up to 5m?

7 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Will do.When I decide to get something else I'll be sure to check lengths,heights etc.Im guessing I'm fairly safe to look at boats up to 5m?

I think you’ll be pushing it. I think only having an extra 80cm room for motor and drawbar (from bow anchor roller to tow ball) is not enough. I’ll measure my rig in the morning and let you know. Maybe if you tilt the motor down...

I’ll also measure the height to the top of the console. I don’t think my Outlaw would be too high.

Edited by Berleyguts

5 minutes ago, Hateanchors said:

Fab, don't forget to factor the extra width of a bigger boat. From what I remember of your past photos, it's tight in your garage. 

Yeah,it is tight especially lengthways.Width i still have decent room but i do only have a single lug with the laundry sunken in one corner.

Even if a 4.5-4.8 metre boat will fit I'd still give weigh up whether to sell mine or not.

@Fab1

I just measured my rig, a Stacer 449 Outlaw SC with 60 ETEC on a gal Telwater trailer.

Length from front of towball to rear of motor leg (motor vertical):  5.670m

Width from mudguard to mudguard: 2.030m

Height to top of side console: 1.870m (maybe allow 30mm more if the passenger seat is in the centre position... I leave my boat tilted up a fraction so I can easily reverse my car towball straight under the hitch).

Hooe that helps. You’d need to allow more if you have the motor tilted up into towing position.

6 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

A lot of space is lost to the trailer draw bar. You may consider a foldable design and get back 1+m in length. 

There are DIY kits out there eg

E38A89D3-7F2C-4284-9D5A-1C94203BF997.thumb.jpeg.51aeaca8901958409c62f724b5cb07f4.jpeg

Yeah,ive seen them too.Its just a matter of cutting the drawbar in half and bolting those on either end.

7 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

@Fab1

I just measured my rig, a Stacer 449 Outlaw SC with 60 ETEC on a gal Telwater trailer.

Length from front of towball to rear of motor leg (motor vertical):  5.670m

Width from mudguard to mudguard: 2.030m

Height to top of side console: 1.870m (maybe allow 30mm more if the passenger seat is in the centre position... I leave my boat tilted up a fraction so I can easily reverse my car towball straight under the hitch).

Hooe that helps. You’d need to allow more if you have the motor tilted up into towing position.

I thought id be looking at around 4.5m boat or if i put a swing away drawbar like Zoran says id fit bigger.

Thanks for checking dimensions as it will be a little while yet before i make the final  decision if ill sell mine and take the plunge.

Guest Guest123456789

Aside from not fitting in your garage what’s wrong with your current boat?

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

Guest Guest123456789
On 7/24/2018 at 3:56 PM, Fab1 said:

Nothing wrong with it and it is in the garage. 

Why sell it then?

On 7/21/2018 at 10:20 AM, zmk1962 said:

A lot of space is lost to the trailer draw bar. You may consider a foldable design and get back 1+m in length. 

There are DIY kits out there eg

E38A89D3-7F2C-4284-9D5A-1C94203BF997.thumb.jpeg.51aeaca8901958409c62f724b5cb07f4.jpeg

Cheers 

Zoran

I looked at getting one of these and found the legalities for this state was a very grey area in using them, basicly move to QLD and you will be ok ?

My 5.5m boat fits into a garage 5.8m. It can legaly carry 12 adult passsangers and has regularly been used up to 80km offshore chasing game fish. After years of owning tinnies and glass boats (Haines, Formula, Seafarer and several Haines signatures) this is the best fun toy I've ver owned.

_JDP3797.thumb.jpg.120fb441e6ce4da71e22dfcdd83dba66.jpg

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JonD said:

My 5.5m boat fits into a garage 5.8m. It can legaly carry 12 adult passsangers and has regularly been used up to 80km offshore chasing game fish. After years of owning tinnies and glass boats (Haines, Formula, Seafarer and several Haines signatures) this is the best fun toy I've ver owned.

_JDP3797.thumb.jpg.120fb441e6ce4da71e22dfcdd83dba66.jpg

Nice boat mate.That trailer looks  like its a little small with your boat overhanging the rear like that but obviously does the job.