What size boat fits

Fab1

8 hours ago, JonD said:

I looked at getting one of these and found the legalities for this state was a very grey area in using them, basicly move to QLD and you will be ok ?

That aint happening.

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:20 AM, zmk1962 said:

A lot of space is lost to the trailer draw bar. You may consider a foldable design and get back 1+m in length. 

There are DIY kits out there eg

E38A89D3-7F2C-4284-9D5A-1C94203BF997.thumb.jpeg.51aeaca8901958409c62f724b5cb07f4.jpeg

Cheers 

Zoran

I did a search for “folding drawbar” and this appeared! Thanks Zoran. 🙏 

Does anyone know how this mod impacts on trailer brakes (cable)?

We are looking at selling our house (with its special boat port 😩) to downsize to a smaller, low maintenance property in the area - getting old you know! Chances are that the place we choose won’t have side access for the boat, so the folding drawbar might be the option, but I need to be sure the brakes will still be functional. I would get someone local to do the mod.

Any ideas?

My other option if we make enough by downsizing the house is to buy a bigger boat and put it on one of the local marinas! 😂 I’m not sure I can convince the missus of that, though! 😂

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I did a search for “folding drawbar” and this appeared! Thanks Zoran. 🙏 

Does anyone know how this mod impacts on trailer brakes (cable)?

We are looking at selling our house (with its special boat port 😩) to downsize to a smaller, low maintenance property in the area - getting old you know! Chances are that the place we choose won’t have side access for the boat, so the folding drawbar might be the option, but I need to be sure the brakes will still be functional. I would get someone local to do the mod.

Any ideas?

My other option if we make enough by downsizing the house is to buy a bigger boat and put it on one of the local marinas! 😂 I’m not sure I can convince the missus of that, though! 😂

Check the legalities with RMS on the folding drawbar - @motiondave posted there may be some grey area...

But as an alternative this could be the go ...😁

image.png.07b8ad86e14b764adb1eaba0e496a3d9.png

Photo - courtesy of @GoingFishing who sent it to me !

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 4