Winter Jewfish land based hawkesbury area.

bschoer1@bigond.com

I can’t offer any shore based spots. What I will say is that in my experience bait, if you are bait fishing, is everything. It must be fresh. I also find that bait caught in the area works best in those areas. Ie: I will do many trips chasing squid from the Hawkesbury to use in the Hawkesbury. I will always catch my pike or any other fish I may use including mullet in the area in the day. 

Edited by Vara
Typos
  • Like 2

Hello Mudcrab

There are plenty of top blokes on this site who will help you land your first jew. Unfortunately im not one of them as i dont really fish for them.

What i will say is... in order to help you the guys will need more information from you.. jewfishing (or any other) is not just about location.

What bait are you using? Are u land based or on a boat. What hook size and tackle u using? How do you present your bait?

Fishing can be complex. And fishing for jews is by far the hardest.

• Like 1

hello mate, welcome to fishraider

next time you post an artile like this with a question they should be posted in the fishing chat section ?

sorry i cant help you with your question but i am sure someone can

4 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Hello Mudcrab

There are plenty of top blokes on this site who will help you land your first jew. Unfortunately im not one of them as i dont really fish for them.

What i will say is... in order to help you the guys will need more information from you.. jewfishing (or any other) is not just about location.

What bait are you using? Are u land based or on a boat. What hook size and tackle u using? How do you present your bait?

Fishing can be complex. And fishing for jews is by far the hardest.

Using fresh squid, yakka's (fillets), live mullet (when I can catch them).

10ft heavy beach rod (10 - 15kg) Snelled 5/0 or 6/0  two hook rig on 40 - 60lb leader.

Land based. 

Go on Navionics/Google maps look for areas in the river where there are sharp bends, turns, points. Generally speaking due to the natural flow of water there will be a hole adjacent to where the water flows and is diverted in two directions gouged out by the natural flow of the water. If you focus your efforts around these areas around a tide change these would be your best bets. Not to sure how many are accessible from the shore in the Hawkes though.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, tyrone07 said:

Go on Navionics/Google maps look for areas in the river where there are sharp bends, turns, points. Generally speaking due to the natural flow of water there will be a hole adjacent to where the water flows and is diverted in two directions gouged out by the natural flow of the water. If you focus your efforts around these areas around a tide change these would be your best bets. Not to sure how many are accessible from the shore in the Hawkes though.

Thanks tyrone07,

Will give this a crack and post any results either way.

This would work in most any system, so will try this in other areas as well. 

Cheers.?