Central coast kingfish

DerekD

7 minutes ago, big Neil said:

hope to catch up with you again sometime down the track. Cheers buddy, bn

Hi Neil,

even though it is a long drive from the MIA to Sydney I hope you pencil in some time to come up to Sydney this summer when the schools move in. I really want to see you on a few more kings and hoping for some legal ones this time. When the rivers normalise I'm also keen to take you up on your offer to chase the mighty and iconic Murray cod one day.

Regards,

Derek

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Fantastic post and thanks Derek

Hope you get that "holy trinity"

Thanks Donna,

I seem to recall you getting amongst the kings this year. They are addictive aren't they.

Regards,

Derek

Sounds like you had a ball, was trying to estimate how far off you fished if it took an hour, possibly 20-24knots would have you 40k from the ramp.

Do you normally leave the skin on kings fillets, or remove before cooking.

The bit about backing into the garage in the dark is something I can relate with, only my crew disappear indoors for food and coffee leaving me on my own.  Because I back up a hill from the main road, then turn at right angles to reverse up the drive, I found painting a couple of white lines exactly where my trailer wheels need to be as a guide. My boat is 2.35m wide and the distance between the brick pillars is 2.40m, so only 5cm to spare. Also leaving the outside lights off helps. The outer edge of the drivers side tyre has to stay exactly along the outer side of this line.

Ive been dining on kingfish regularly lately but the last two days we've been back on the bluefin for dinner.

IMG_3018.thumb.JPG.2726315dac3e6e35da1c6c4da59eeaba.JPG

Edited by JonD

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, JonD said:

Sounds like you had a ball, was trying to estimate how far off you fished if it took an hour, possibly 20-24knots would have you 40k from the ramp.

Do you normally leave the skin on kings fillets, or remove before cooking.

The bit about backing into the garage in the dark is something I can relate with, only my crew disappear indoors for food and coffee leaving me on my own.  Because I back up a hill from the main road, then turn at right angles to reverse up the drive, I found painting a couple of white lines exactly where my trailer wheels need to be as a guide. My boat is 2.35m wide and the distance between the brick pillars is 2.40m, so only 5cm to spare. Also leaving the outside lights off helps. The outer edge of the drivers side tyre has to stay exactly along the outer side of this line.

Ive been dining on kingfish regularly lately but the last two days we've been back on the bluefin for dinner.

You are right, I had a ball. Great company and fun experiences. We were a bit lucky with the swell so we were able to keep the boat speed between 18 and 20 knots for most of the trip. I had a high speed trolling skirt out at times and was impressed at the speeds it could troll at.

I don't eat fish so I don't worry about cooking it. I've done the hard work and I figure whoever I pass the fish on to can do the fun stuff like cooking. :1prop:

Seriously impressed if you can get the boat in with so little space to spare.

Bluefin and Kingfish - sure your house isn't Michelin star rated. I'd like one day to catch some squid, then a king and a tuna. Would make an awesome meal combination for whoever I passed it on to.

2 hours ago, DerekD said:

You are right, I had a ball. Great company and fun experiences. We were a bit lucky with the swell so we were able to keep the boat speed between 18 and 20 knots for most of the trip. I had a high speed trolling skirt out at times and was impressed at the speeds it could troll at.

I don't eat fish so I don't worry about cooking it. I've done the hard work and I figure whoever I pass the fish on to can do the fun stuff like cooking. :1prop:

Seriously impressed if you can get the boat in with so little space to spare.

Bluefin and Kingfish - sure your house isn't Michelin star rated. I'd like one day to catch some squid, then a king and a tuna. Would make an awesome meal combination for whoever I passed it on to.

We have to make do with a lot of lobsters too, which we pick up if the fishing has been quiet.IMG_2311.JPG.4d3be4aeeaaec06f899df65f48c3f79b.JPG

• Haha 1