Balmoral Wharf Action

Fishing.Hooked

Hi Guys,

Recently new to Fish Raider but loving all the on hand information and help given by everyone!

I recently decided to go for a evening fish where Balmoral Boat shed is, the wharf there has a lot of foot traffic but l just set up and had a small little section right at the top of the circular wharf there and ended up being a great little evening.

I decided to set my rigs down near some boats and set up 2x Rods using lights Gear, I used pilchard on one rod and prawns on the other (6-10pm) HT of (1.62m) - 13 Degrees 
Surprising the pilchard was the one being smashed up by the fish and the prawns looked like it hadn't even had a nibble. I didn't use any burley I just smashed up some pillie and chucked it in the water as the night went on.

I was lucky enough to catch the following.

Flathead (34cm) 
Bream (27cm)
Trevally (Small) "Didn't measure"

I found it quit nice to fish from that location without having a large number of people crowding the area like Clifton gardens so to speak. Great if you have kids and want them to have a safe fishing adventure - I have attached a little map with parking location and where l fished from that evening.

I hope you enjoyed my first report (Any tips on how to make the reports better please let me know)

HAVE FUN AND AS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK CATCHING !!

Regards,
Micheal!

37755507_10217638742990042_4428049988697718784_n.jpg

Balmoral.jpg

Edited by Fishing.Hooked
Spacing in the text written
  • Like 2

What Nuts said about the no fishing.

The circular area you were fishing off is part of the swimming area and as a result has a lot of foot traffic in bare feet so that is probably the reason that council does not want people fishing.

Over the years I have had to point out to a number of fishing people the no fishing signs around that section and that they can get fined for fishing there. Most take the advice nicely in the spirit it was meant and shift around to the section where they are allowed to fish. For some reason some of the no fishing signs in that section has disappeared.

Nice report and thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Just be careful you're not actually allowed to fishing from the circular structure at all, but only from the wharf area on the left handside where boats can dock. That area is usually chockas.

Thank you so much for telling me !!!!!! I feel so embarrassed but when l went there l did not see any signs. Defiantly know for future - Thanks again mate 

1 hour ago, DerekD said:

What Nuts said about the no fishing.

The circular area you were fishing off is part of the swimming area and as a result has a lot of foot traffic in bare feet so that is probably the reason that council does not want people fishing.

Over the years I have had to point out to a number of fishing people the no fishing signs around that section and that they can get fined for fishing there. Most take the advice nicely in the spirit it was meant and shift around to the section where they are allowed to fish. For some reason some of the no fishing signs in that section has disappeared.

Nice report and thank you for sharing.

As I mentioned to "Nuts" there was no visible sign, but thank you so much for the advice and information on the fishing policy there!!! 

Much appreciated, thank you 

3 hours ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

As I mentioned to "Nuts" there was no visible sign, but thank you so much for the advice and information on the fishing policy there!!! 

Much appreciated, thank you 

I've known the signs were there for years and now I have to look for them as one or two have disappeared. The last time I was there the only one I could easily see was near the Balmoral boatshed.

I have also been there when people are fishing right next to the sign. I'm usually unobservant but that is taking it to the next level. :)

1 hour ago, DerekD said:

I've known the signs were there for years and now I have to look for them as one or two have disappeared. The last time I was there the only one I could easily see was near the Balmoral boatshed.

I have also been there when people are fishing right next to the sign. I'm usually unobservant but that is taking it to the next level. :)

Couldn’t agree more however when your new to fishing and trying new spots must say my excitement after driving 1.5 hours to get there from Penrith I just wanted to fish! 

Didnt see any signs at the front of the wharf so I guess you just learn for the next time, thanks for your advice I will be sure no to fish from there In future! 

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

Couldn’t agree more however when your new to fishing and trying new spots must say my excitement after driving 1.5 hours to get there from Penrith I just wanted to fish! 

Didnt see any signs at the front of the wharf so I guess you just learn for the next time, thanks for your advice I will be sure no to fish from there In future! 

Thanks. 

Hey Michael,

Welcome to Fishraider.  Yeah it's a long drive from Penrith. Have you fished much in the Nepean? Maybe put Nepean in the search box above and see what's around. 

I'd also suggest putting a post below. Let people know where you're located, ask for advice on how and what to fish for, you might even find a fishing buddy (if you want one) who could show you the ropes. 

You'll find Fishraiders are a damn friendly lot!!

cheers

Richard

Hi there Michael and welcome to the forum. There are lots of very helpful, knowledgeable people on here and your first post indicates that you will be a regular contributor. Well done, keep it up. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Hey Michael,

Welcome to Fishraider.  Yeah it's a long drive from Penrith. Have you fished much in the Nepean? Maybe put Nepean in the search box above and see what's around. 

I'd also suggest putting a post below. Let people know where you're located, ask for advice on how and what to fish for, you might even find a fishing buddy (if you want one) who could show you the ropes. 

You'll find Fishraiders are a damn friendly lot!!

cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, 

I moved to Neutral Bay 2 weeks ago, I am going fishing tonight and tomorrow night as my weekend is tided up. 

Thanks for your advice l will share a post on that forum today and always looking for fishing mates! 

Regards, 

Micheal

8 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hi there Michael and welcome to the forum. There are lots of very helpful, knowledgeable people on here and your first post indicates that you will be a regular contributor. Well done, keep it up. Cheers, bn

Thanks BN! 

Looking forward to contributing as l learn more and more about this great sport! 

All the best, 

Micheal

31 minutes ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

Thanks BN! 

Looking forward to contributing as l learn more and more about this great sport! 

All the best, 

Micheal

Sorry I spelt your name incorrectly Micheal. bn

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...