First kingy on lure

BIGG DADDA TREVS

About two months ago i caught my first kingfish on lure, havent visited fishraider for a little so havent posted. Reading @DerekD‘s post about his central coast kings got me fired up again since originally Derek taught me the retrieve for kingfish along with lots of other important info about kingfish which definately helped me with getting this beauty. I was out with two mates and after getting a few flathead, decided to come back inside cos i wasnt feeling too great. Came back into pittwater and fish some pilchards, fish didnt hit so i decided to put on a little lure after seeing some whitebait getting spooked. I still reckon this was mostly luck but i was just hopping it on the bottom and suddenly just took off. Line was a little frayed from flatties so took it easy. Got it up and my mate scooped it up. While i was unhooking it my mate picked up my rod and dropped it down to try his luck, hooked up almost instantly to a good sized trevally. My other mate then had a go and got a flounder. What ive taken away from this is that correct lure choice is key, these fish were keyed in on small baitfish and wouldnt eat a pillie. Very happy with this catch and an awesome day out on the water. 

3EEBB31D-C142-4E6A-BCB5-CEF81D3162DF.jpeg

• Like 9

Very nice report BDT. Lesson learned from the maestro. Match the bait they're feeding on and you're in with a good chance. Well done on your mates coming up trumps too. I'd say a good day on the water. Cheers, bn

Good effort HBT,

Having the lure down deep can sometimes work well.

Sometimes the tailor pr salmons schools are on the surface monstering the baits and the Kings are underneath.

...and thumbs up for the photo too!

Cheers

Jim