convert gps coordinates

roba72

hey guys

I was given some gps co-ordinates in this format 33 21 27.9  151 34 53.44. now with my mates gps unit I can only enter in this format 33 28 730 151 32 080. Now do I need to convert these somehow, or remove decimal points. i cant seem to make them work.

ps the numbers i have used here are just random numbers to make my point, they dont relate to any great fishing spot

thanks

robert A

Hmmm. I’d ignore the decimal point and see how that goes. For your latitude point, you should have 2 digits (degrees), 2 digits (minutes) and 3 digits (seconds). Make sure you select “south” (assuming you’re this side of the equator). For your longitude, it’s the same but you’d have 3 digits for degrees (and you’d select “east”).

I don’t know where the 53.44 comes from in your example though but if you ignore the second “4” and make it 534, here’s your spot:

0124BD0A-1577-41C2-B777-BAAEBFF9FE80.png

Edited by Berleyguts

There's no conversion, just enter 33 21 279, 151 34 534 assuming the coordinates are in degrees minutes seconds (DSC)format. If it's degree decimal(DD) format, which I don't think it is, you can google gps converter and convert it with the app.