Spinning for trout

Hi guys

I am going to get a light outfit for trout spinning that I can also employ in saltwater for bream, whiting, flathead etc. I am thinking of an outfit between that handles 1-3kg line and spooling it with 4lb mainline. I want the ability to cast light lures from about 1-10g. The rod and reel I am thinking of are the  Shimano Catana range (there's one that is between 1-3kg) and the Shimano Stradic Cl4.....

Alternatively, I am OK with using baitcasters. Which one would be preferred? 

What do you reckon? 

Thank you Raiders.....

I would forget the baitcaster option if I were you as a lot of trout and bream lures are very light and you will have trouble getting the distance needed withou a threadline real. 

Your suggested outfit sounds fine.  The trend now is to use longer rods about 7ft 2 to 6 inches long with a real between 1000 to 2500 in size.  The only other question is braid or mono?  If your predominantly lure fishing I would go with braid with about one and a half rod lengths of fluro or nylon attached with an FG knot.  Ron 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Campr and Dirvin21. 

I ended up ordering the 2pce Shimano Raider 762 Bream rod (2-4kg with cast weights of 3-12g) at 7'6" with the Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 HG FB reel and some 8-strand braid of 6lb BS with 6lb FC leader material. Not to mention the 50+ lures for either bream or trout....never do things in halves I reckon. ??

Now to get fishing with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amatteroflight said:

Thanks Campr and Dirvin21. 

I ended up ordering the 2pce Shimano Raider 762 Bream rod (2-4kg with cast weights of 3-12g) at 7'6" with the Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 HG FB reel and some 8-strand braid of 6lb BS with 6lb FC leader material. Not to mention the 50+ lures for either bream or trout....never do things in halves I reckon. ??

Now to get fishing with it. 

Sounds like a nice outfit should be what your looking for mate

• Thanks 1