NSW Mulloway Bag Limit To Be Reduced To 1 from 1 September 2018

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

And pros no longer allowed to take 10 between 45 and 70. The same minimum length as rec fishers.

I’d be happy with just one jew over 70cm!

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/nsw-announces-changes-to-rec-and-commercial-mulloway-rules

Thanks for posting this it is vital information for those who fish for Mulloway

Its a bit of a shame they don't release from depth so well as I have a couple of marks where we always catch jews, these spots are also good for snapper and pearl perch. Unfortunatly the only way to avoid the jews is to not target the other species. By the way as you might realise from the pearl perch, these marks aren't on the south coast :)

Edited by JonD

Guest Guest123456789

Won’t affect the pros they’ll catch just as many 45 to 70cm mulloway. Read the release carefully ‘abolish the 10 possession limit). And replaced with what? 5? Trawlers see fisheries officers a mile away (if ever) they’ll just dump the extra catch.

sorry but no politician is going to harm commercial interests in this country.

Thanks for the head's up Baz!!! Not sure the change on the commercial front will make much difference as it wont stop these fish ending up in the nets, it'll just mean they get thrown back dead rather than kept. 

Cheers,

Rich

Its a good move , the pros will target them less - cause lets face it if they cant keep any they will make more effort to avoid them, issue of beach hauling remains but not a move I am unhappy with - if recs had to take the hit without the commercials too- then thats no good.

• Like 1