Barrenjoey/Pittwater

SydneyIsSkyBlue

So the mrs has surprised me with a full day's boat hire for my birthday tomorrow out at Barrenjoey and Pittwater.

Looking to chase some squid early on around Coaster's Retreat and then see what else we can come by. Has anyone got some suggestions of spots to try and what sort of fish inhabit these areas/we should be targeting (have never fished there before)?

Thanks for any advice guys :)

I haven’t fished Pittwater much, mainly just for bait before heading out to Lion Island and to troll south along the rocks for bonito etc. I don’t know how far out you can go in a hire boat but if it helps, I have fished at West Head for yakkas, slimies, squid and kings. You can work lures amongst the moorings for bream. There are sand flats to fish for flathead and whiting. I have been lunching at the Newport Arms Hotel and looked down into the water to see cobia  chasing baitfish directly below me (but that was in summer). I can highly recommend getting the Navionics app on your phone - you’d be surprised what you can find. ?

Good luck and enjoy your day!

Edited by Berleyguts

Thanks guys! 

Had my laptop die on me last night so have only just got to some of these posts but had a top day out there!

Caught a smallish arrow squid whilst jigging in around the rocks, 3 decent leather jackets and some small snapper that went back in the drink. All in all,  a good day!

• Like 1