Port Stephens- Brut snapper!

Scratchie

1 hour ago, Woodsy1 said:

Great morning there Scratchie. I thought you could of at least taken Tangles with you as well, lol

Woodsy

Haha, he’s broken enough in the last few weeks! I wouldn’t trust him on the net! 

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:58 PM, Scratchie said:

Haha, sure was! He already thought I was a genius but that just proved it! Lol. 

Personally, I was just happy I beat his 55cm snaps he caught! Didn’t want to hear his banter all the way home but instead he got to listen to mine ?

I thought when you took your kids fishing, you were meant to hook the fish and pass the rod to them to bring it in!!

1 hour ago, Hill373737 said:

I thought when you took your kids fishing, you were meant to hook the fish and pass the rod to them to bring it in!!

Haha, not with my kids mate. They’ve been brought up with rod in hand. So every man for themselves! :) 

3 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I should have gone to the island and braved the wind  i went cod fishin instead   doooohhhh

Wasn’t  that easy rick! Water was super clear with vis at 15m on some areas. Had to move around to find them! 

Doing my head in ?. Still feeding leather jackets 3 or 4 packs of lures each time I attempt a snapper fish. I've even been looking at camping sites up there, any recommendations what area to launch from if I can get my daughter up there for a weekend.

1 hour ago, JonD said:

Doing my head in ?. Still feeding leather jackets 3 or 4 packs of lures each time I attempt a snapper fish. I've even been looking at camping sites up there, any recommendations what area to launch from if I can get my daughter up there for a weekend.

Sure mate. Stay at Halifax camping grounds and launch at little beach! Your about 2km from the heads there! And it’s 14 km to Broughton Island 

• Like 1