swag rules

Colin1980

Hullo Colin;

Do not see any reason why you could not use a swag on the rocks.

Maybe there is some obscure council by law that could be dredged up by some nark.

BUT remember in Kuringai Chase National Park you cannot put up a swag or tent on the foreshore.

Sleep overnight on a boat moored a metre off the bank and that is OK.

Put up a swag or tent on the shore and it gets severely frowned at!!

Far as I am concerned plain #%^&##!!stupidity!!:ranting2:

Cheers Roger.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2018 at 1:23 PM, Oldfella said:

Hullo Colin;

Do not see any reason why you could not use a swag on the rocks.

Maybe there is some obscure council by law that could be dredged up by some nark.

BUT remember in Kuringai Chase National Park you cannot put up a swag or tent on the foreshore.

Sleep overnight on a boat moored a metre off the bank and that is OK.

Put up a swag or tent on the shore and it gets severely frowned at!!

Far as I am concerned plain #%^&##!!stupidity!!:ranting2:

Cheers Roger.

Good advice Roger, several years ago I accompanied a mate who took his 4 nephews on an overnight fishing trip to Jerusalem Bay. We decided to get the train, then walked the track down and waded the creek, headed for the corner near Pinta Bay where we fished until a thunderstorm -not predicted- hit about an hour before dawn. We hadn't taken a tent as we knew that wasn't allowed, but had a groundsheet to sit on as everything gets wet with dew. A National Park ranger came along in a boat while we were huddled under the groundsheet in absolutely pouring rain and wanted to fine us for "camping" as he claimed that "erecting a shelter constitutes camping"- I argued (respectfully) that then an umbrella was "erecting a shelter" also.  As we had not had a fire and had all rubbish in a plastic bag in a backpack and had no poles or ropes on the groundsheet, he finally decided to issue us a "move on" order, which we agreed to. My advice would be to ring the council and ask just to be sure. The ranger we encountered was in my opinion "over zealous" as it was clear we were simply sheltering