Is this a luderick? (Black Drummer/Rock Blackfish)

notoriousTASH

Question

13 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, notoriousTASH said:

Sweet as! I'll know for next time. It definitely put up a great fight, kept taking me under the rocks and in the weeds but I won the fight :D

Good work, you did well to pull it out. Regarded as a "dirty fighter" in the fish world, in that it will try to snag up as soon as possible.

Edited by Yowie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Good work, you did well to pull it out. Regarded as a "dirty fighter" in the fish world, in that it will try to snag up as soon as possible.

Yes well this bugger took every opportunity he had to get in the weeds and under the rocks, right up til the end when my partner managed to get him in the net. 

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Nice fish, Tash! Well done! They pull, don’t they? ?

Bloody oath they pull! I was literally just about to reel in my line too to check of my bait was picked off by the little peckers I saw swimming around and then bam this guy hit and I thought I caught a monster. I was using light tackle too so it made it much more exciting. Glad to have landed it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Good to see you made it back after your Northern trip Tash and still doing a bit of fishing.

As every one has said B.D. and one of my favourite eating fish. Fillet, skin, cut into pieces and deep fried, bloody yum.

Hey BF! Haven't been out for a while because I can't bear the cold, plus started a new job right after we got back so I wanted to focus on that. Today was beautiful weather and asked the Mrs if she was keen and she was, so out we went! She obviously had to out do me today with this big girl...

Mrs and I are heading up north again on another holiday/fishing trip. Cairns is the destination this time round. 

Resized_20180811_135659_9930.jpeg

That Black Drummer is a great catch! They pull like a train! Well done. 

Love my PJs, the cutest local sharks around. I used to visit a couple of places where they congregated during my scuba diving days. So nice to see dozens resting in sandy patches!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Amatteroflight said:

That Black Drummer is a great catch! They pull like a train! Well done. 

Love my PJs, the cutest local sharks around. I used to visit a couple of places where they congregated during my scuba diving days. So nice to see dozens resting in sandy patches!

It was a great feed too, apparently. My grandma called while I was on the way out and promised her that I'd catch her lunch for today and I came good on that promise. Cleaned it up for her and drove all the way out to her place to deliver it to her last night. She gave me a buzz today and said it was very tasty (though she was skeptical about whether or not it was edible when I brought it to her ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1