Central Coast Kayak Fishing

sam bros

Hi Raiders,

I hadn't been Kayak fishing in a long time, so decided to dust off the kayaks and head to the central coast. With uni starting again, it is hard to find the time to fish, so any chance i have to get out is cherished and enjoyed.

Left the house after the morning traffic had subsided a bit and made the journey to central coast. Got there and started setting up and rigging up.

I was using a mix of baits and plastics to target some flatties. I used either squid or pillies on a paternoster rig and also worked some squidgy bloodworm wrigglers and some berkley gulps. I drifted over an area that I have caught flathead from before, fished for about 2.5 hours and mainly caught undersized ones.

By the end of the session managed 2 legal Flathead both going 40cm. One was caught on a half pillie and the other on the bloodworm wriggler.

Not as productive as some of the other trips but still managed a feed. And it was just nice being out on the water, I love boat fishing and land based fishing but sometimes kayak fishing can be the most enjoyable. Its just a different feeling being so close to the water.

I did record the trip and edited a little video, so I hope you guys enjoy it. Haven't edited in a while so I am a bit rusty.

Cheers

• Like 8

17 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Nice report, you picked a great day for an afternoon session and  managed to get a feed, good video it gave me a different perspective of the haven as I’ve only fished there from the shore

Thanks mate, Love fishing in the haven. 

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Thanks for the report and video Sam. Very professional as always. What was the music clip? It's a bit repetitive, yet catchy and upbeat, which made it highly suited to the video clip. Cheers, bn

Thanks BN, much appreciated.

The one part of editing i always struggle with is music selection. I found it on youtube and thought it would suit the theme of the video. But I couldn't find another song, so I just repeated the same one haha. Its a song by Alan Walker, I think.

• Thanks 1

great report mate, good fun fishing around the haven on the yak

7 hours ago, sam bros said:

Thanks BN, much appreciated.

The one part of editing i always struggle with is music selection. I found it on youtube and thought it would suit the theme of the video. But I couldn't find another song, so I just repeated the same one haha. Its a song by Alan Walker, I think.

The song is darkside by alan walker.......love it

20 hours ago, podtrailler said:

Wow. Nice report.

That's  one fine video editing.

I like to see more of your video uploads.

Well done Sam.

Thanks Podtrailer

Im trying to record and edit more of my trips 

Appreciate the kind words

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, fishinaddiction said:

Top Video, do you find that soft plastics work better or bait?

Both work really well, I try both and see which works on the day.

Some days only bait works, other day only plastics. Some days both.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 4:53 PM, Squ!rt said:

Good write up and nice little video, makes me want to dust off my kayak and get back into it.

Thanks for the kind words, You should definitely get back into kayak fishing, its so much fun

• 2 weeks later...