Hawkesbury Bioregion Marine Park

Time to get in with your objections fella's the outline of the park is in https://www.marine.nsw.gov.au/key-initiatives/hawkesbury-shelf-marine-assessment. Looks like Wedding Cake Island is gone, large chunk of the central coast from Forresters up to Bataue Bay out to the 80M depth contour, ring your local member and scream at them. If its not your spot today, it will be tommorrow, will go into the proposal in the next few days.

From the same website:

Have Your Say

Your comments are sought on the 25 sites comprising the park proposal, the management changes proposed at each site, and/or the benefits and costs to your activities, community or industry.

You can have your say by completing the online submission form by 27 September 2018.

The information you provide will inform the final marine park proposal to be considered by the NSW Government later in 2018. Existing management rules remain in place, and none of the proposals will be implemented until the NSW Government announces the outcome.

Yes a bit of virtue signalling while they get on with their population Ponzi/ over development. It's not like fitting another 1.7 million people in Sydney in the next 20 years could affect the environment? 

Look what they have planned for Botany Bay given that it is a paid for rec fishing haven. 

Edited by kingfishbig
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfishbig said:

Yes a bit of virtue signalling while they get on with their population Ponz1/ over development. It's not like fitting another 1.7 million people in Sydney in the next 20 years could affect the environment? 

Look what they have planned for Botany Bay given that it is a payed for rec fishing haven. 

You are dead right there. One of my best kingfish spots is in the firing line which pisses me off but the real point is that this is just window dressing as you say- lets look like we are doing something for the environment and go on destroying the Hawkesbury catchment, wrecking the last koala and 'roo habitat around Sydney etc etc. Build more apartment blocks and call our selves gren- Politician =Hypocrite- anyway the only thing that works with these t!@ds is contact their office and tell them you will change your vote if they support the Rec Fishing lockouts. Good Luck to everyone , as I said before its my spot today, yours tommorrow.

30 minutes ago, kingfishbig said:

According to the EPA all the apartment building is affecting the water quality of the Georges and Parramatta Rivers. 

The EPA doesnt have much power in NSW unfortunatley but it makes sense , more concrete = more uncontrolled runoff with no natural filtration from soil, plants etc- but dont worry a marine park and locking rec fisho's out will fix that!

Guest Guest123456789

I’m fishing box head this weekend. The only rigged tackle I’ll have will be handlines. If they fall in the drink I’ll try and retrieve them but if I can’t it’s a smaller financial loss compared to rods and reels.

What their talking about in tuggerah lake is just stupid. Close off the area between chittaway point up to tacoma with no plans to open the entrance channel. So the whole lake is basically a closed off swimming pool. Their plans will have no positive results in that area  

2 hours ago, connico said:

lol I've gone through the documents, wtf does special purpose mean?

There should be a table for each area with ticks and crosses for variousactivities. If you look at the so called conservation zones they don't allow line fishing so they are virtually sanctuary zones too!

Notice that Rec Fishing is listed as a "threat", ironic when you consider how much rec fishing puts into conservation , licence fees etc and every rec fishing haven up and down the NSW coast has seen fishing dramatically improve since the removal of nets- remember the Greens and LAbour are our enemy (Greens because - well they are green, Labour becuase they are pandering to the Greens and have forgotten that fishing is the pastime of the working man) and the Libs are our enemy too- because they think we are the great unwashed and spoil waterfront property values. Say no to every part of the proposal that restricts rec fishing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingfishbig said:

There should be a table for each area with ticks and crosses for variousactivities. If you look at the so called conservation zones they don't allow line fishing so they are virtually sanctuary zones too!

lol If you look at the map, the whole of the foreshore within Sydney harbour and its tributaries is blued out. And the blue represents "Special Purpose". WTF does this mean lol

7 minutes ago, connico said:

lol If you look at the map, the whole of the foreshore within Sydney harbour and its tributaries is blued out. And the blue represents "Special Purpose". WTF does this mean lol

I didn't have any trouble finding it. Like I said just look in the table on the next page for each area (ie in the 2nd PDF).

Hi Guys

I have already made my submission to  the DPI and most of Sydney Harbour is okay except Chowder Bay Camp Cove  and Nielsen park which entails total fishing closures for those areas and quite frankly it is not the fishermen that are the problem it is the Greenies and the Charter Scuba Diving Operators  whowant the coastline for their use and blaming  the declining fish stocks on us .This is  the time to stand up and do whatever I takes as if this is implemented then it is gone forever. I said in my submission I mentioned Bag limits review and closed season if applicable and catch and release practices to name a few and to look at cleaning up our waterways due to urban runoff and pollution not blaming us for their incompetence. Their focus is on aquaculture practices and sustainable fishing but who do you think will benefit they will as they collect the license revenue for the aquaculture businesses .One  must question that our license fees are being used to punish the fishermen and the revenue is used in promoting lockout areas the Nanny State is alive and well in NSW. Why should I pay license fees in the first place if there is no benefit to us .There are restrictions every where and its getting to the stage that there are no spot left to take the kids anywhere .I fish Tamarama and that is earmarked for closure also due to the locals not wanting us to spoil their area. No one owns the coastline and it should  stay that way and allow us to fish in peace and not be treated like a criminal for fishing in a sanctuary zone. End of rant.

I

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slam354 said:

Hi Guys

I have already made my submission to  the DPI and most of Sydney Harbour is okay except Chowder Bay Camp Cove  and Nielsen park which entails total fishing closures for those areas and quite frankly it is not the fishermen that are the problem it is the Greenies and the Charter Scuba Diving Operators  whowant the coastline for their use and blaming  the declining fish stocks on us .This is  the time to stand up and do whatever I takes as if this is implemented then it is gone forever. I said in my submission I mentioned Bag limits review and closed season if applicable and catch and release practices to name a few and to look at cleaning up our waterways due to urban runoff and pollution not blaming us for their incompetence. Their focus is on aquaculture practices and sustainable fishing but who do you think will benefit they will as they collect the license revenue for the aquaculture businesses .One  must question that our license fees are being used to punish the fishermen and the revenue is used in promoting lockout areas the Nanny State is alive and well in NSW. Why should I pay license fees in the first place if there is no benefit to us .There are restrictions every where and its getting to the stage that there are no spot left to take the kids anywhere .I fish Tamarama and that is earmarked for closure also due to the locals not wanting us to spoil their area. No one owns the coastline and it should  stay that way and allow us to fish in peace and not be treated like a criminal for fishing in a sanctuary zone. End of rant.

I

Good stuff - and contact your local memeber and let them know you will change your vote if this goes ahead

I've read the info and I find it a total joke that recreational angling is an environmental threat greater than global warning, pollution etc. What a load of crap. Anyway survey done! Problem with it though is that some greeny can sit on their machine and fill this out multiple times.

Oh that's right they don't do things like that.

27 minutes ago, Jiggy said:

I've read the info and I find it a total joke that recreational angling is an environmental threat greater than global warning, pollution etc. What a load of crap. Anyway survey done! Problem with it though is that some greeny can sit on their machine and fill this out multiple times.

Oh that's right they don't do things like that.

Well actually their own marine estate research found fishing (rec and commercial combined) well down on the list of threats (about no 7 I think).