plan c produces

dirvin21

I was supposed to go cod fishing this weekend but due to some unforseen circumstances had to pull the pin and probably dodged a bullet as far as weather goes. 

My paln B was to hit the river today for a long session on the kayak which the gale force southerly winds made me reconsider. So it was plan C, hit the tree in Nambucca which is one of the few places to hide from a southerly. 

The water was a bit dirtier today but could still see reasonably well, the mullet were present with some trevally hanging in the shallows on the edge of the school, chucked plastics at them for very little interest, tied on a 40mm atomic shad and second cast one of the trevs fired up swiped and missed but the treble caught him in the head, and out came a respectable big-eye

20180817_102759.thumb.jpg.f8984c99c64df1c8dcf4cf735836e0ab.jpg

thought I'd put the rod in the shot, the fish kicked after the photo nearly took the rod in with him

A few casts later working over the sunken timber and a flash followed by a singing drag, a bit of a run around the timber and out comes another decent big-eye

20180819_093803.thumb.jpg.18cc33a982694ce59797c7c7fd60b453.jpg

two casts later working the lure as deep as possible on a submerged stump and it was monstered with a big deep run and big thumping tail beats can mean only one thing and sure enough eventually out comes a quality GT

20180819_094533.thumb.jpg.8b556a1f8276e92e6490631767d48c81.jpg

40cm a new pb, for such a closely related fish the GT's and big-eyes fight very different 

Thinking big trevally decided it was time to up the ante, the bream gear was swapped with the "satan stick" 20lb braid and a Jackall Squirrell

second cast and it's hit 

20180819_095847.thumb.jpg.20d596f6e4c42f3441021f52fb716082.jpg

caught multiple more big-eyes and GT's around this size, they really wanted the bigger lure 

Finally the smaller trevs settled down a bit and managed to get the lure down deep around the timber and sure enough absolutely nailed 

this was another good fish took a lot of effort to avoid the timber which he did bury once but managed to get him back out after what seemd forever out came another quality GT

20180819_100419.thumb.jpg.deb8be4db4693e5071f88fb26f7cdc19.jpg

he measured up 41cm so bested my pb again, this fish was thick and mean he really gave me a run around even on 20lb 

with that fish the wind changed gears and some dead limbs above me which made me call it quits but not complaining an awesome trev session

cheers for reading 

Dave

• Like 8

4 hours ago, sam bros said:

Always enjoy reading your reports

Seems like a great part of Australia to be fishing in 

Thanks mate..... I love this area get the best of both worlds with northern and southern species