Daiwa / Shimano service experience

fishii

Hi All 

Just wanted to know how was your service experience for daiwa  / shimano reels  . Have any of you experienced difficulty servicing daiwa magseal reel . Do they cost alot to service?

Thanks

Edited by fishii

I used to work near the Shimano offices in Taren point and they looked after me brilliantly for years. I highly recommend them for servicing. Think the cost these days was $50 plus parts.

From the few experiences I have had with the Daiwa department I was left feeling underwhelmed and I have heard the same from other people. The only reason I went through with buying a Daiwa (I do rate their products highly just not the after sales stuff) recently was that I found someone on the Northern beaches that services both brands. I've been happy with price and turnaround. Can't add anything about the magseal.

Guest Guest123456789

I HATE Daiwa and especially Shimano as they are designed to be pain in the backside to service. Unnecessarily small and multi sized screws, delicately attached springs I could go on.

Magseal is the biggest con going around - selling point is no servicing when in reality it’s impossible servicing.

Out of the box they’re awesome but pretty soon you will need someone with the dexterity and toolset of Charlie Teo to service it.

There is no reason why reels can’t be made to be serviced easily, I’ve found Penn and pfleugar are a LOT easier to service.

The above is my personal opinion 

I get my reels service once a season with Daiwa and Shimano.

Daiwa servicing can take time depending on when you service the reel. I do mine in winter and it seems to be much faster than summer. Normally ship it to them and expect a 2 week turn around. Saltiga servicing was 50 + parts. Ending up being $180 with new bearings after 24 months hard use.

Shimano servicing takes 7 days generally depending if they get busy. Shimano servicing tends to be cheaper. Stella servicing is 50 plus parks. Both times its been service no additional parts