Lowrance elite ti9

Murphy

Hi all 

long time reader first time post 

I am looking for help to read and understand  my sonar and sides can on my ti9

Mainly for fishing in Sydney Harbour and  off shores , my boat is a 5.5m  Center consul 

Dose anyone know of anyone doing classes on this or if there is anyone doing onboat  demonstrations 

thanks for any  replies 

brian 

I have this exact same unit. It might seem a bit daunting at first, but it's not overly complicated once its setup. 

Have you tried watching a few youtube videos?  

eg: This 5 part Series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7XwUXGrDA&list=PLDOpC-IhUxYO1Qs6rD4z-EKT9M_cS4IRF&index=2

More settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1MS9s2WSk

Grab a pen & paper, a beer, and get through these.   If you've still got any questions afterwards, let us know.  Otherwise I've called the Lowrance technical support number before with a question and they were great too. 

Edited by Smasher
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...im thinking of buying one myself.

for those that have one,how fast does the gps orientate itself when boat is hardly moving/turning ?

They used to be 5x per second but I'm pretty certain 10x now. The best addition I've ever put with any of my Lowrance units is the point 1 electronic compass. This gives your true heading at all times, even when stationary, it also boosts the update time. Using point one you can motor ahead of a small structure often only car body size, drift back over it and even if the boat slowly turns you can see exactly where the structure is on the screen. This allows you to pin point plastics right on the mark, or drop a deep drop sinker 400-500m exactly where you want it.

Wothout point one you have to be moving ahead to show your true heading, sitting at anchor with show north south in every direction as the unit gets confused ( something they all do without a electronic compass).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, back cruncher said:

Hi.all...jond,ive got a gps antenae from my existing sounnder,wouuld it be as good as the lowrance point 1 ???.or are they different animals.

The point 1 has a an electronic compass along with a GPS antenna.  So unless your current antenna has an electronic compass as well that is unlikely.

Bear

• Like 1

Hey folks, I appreciate your comments. I will be taking my 2 boys out tomorrow for a fish tomorrow so I will try and have a look at the YouTube links smasher put up in between bait hooks for my boys and try too work out my sounder 

Guest Guest123456789

You can always sit at home in demo mode and play around with it. Then google or YouTube when something comes up you want to find out more about it.

The position and angle of the transducer is critical along with eliminating electrical interference. Did you install yourself?

As above but you can also set it up so you can sit in your lounge chair and control it from your iPad. This comes in handy when you decide to start saving custom pages with added data overlays on each page, it can be quite time consuming. I add fuel flow, fuel range, time, battery volts, temps etc etc on each page. All the settings you make can be saved to the hard drive or seperate memory card and transferred to other units or justkept as a backup incase you stuff something up. If you ever fish down this way I certainly don't mind helping with setup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antonywardle said:

Went out today and it seemed to work fine. Picture got a bit scratchie at speed, but didn't lose the bottom that i noticed.

Sounds like the transducer might be picking up interference from your wash?

You may need to adjust the angle slightly, that's if you can??

• Thanks 1