Sinkers

antonywardle

Made some big sinkers the other day as I was having issues holding bottom when it was pretty windy. Anyone else paint and name their sinkers?

sinkers.jpg.fb5a6756e02bff1bbd48a44dfe8ae44c.jpg 

I need a colour and a name for the 400 and the 450. The others are called a Blue Tony, A TREX Green, and a Golden Pig.

All named after some nice people who have helped me improve my technique.  

3 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

Made some big sinkers the other day as I was having issues holding bottom when it was pretty windy. Anyone else paint and name their sinkers?

I need a colour and a name for the 400 and the 450. The others are called a Blue Tony, A TREX Green, and a Golden Pig.

That one on the right is huge

• Like 1

In the "spirit of things" I'll join the game. Ralph and Spot. "Dark Down Here"    "Where's the bloody fish?"

The latter two could challenge you to fit the names on the sinkers, but just try to conjure up the reaction from the fish.

Sorry mate, can't help myself, bn

• Haha 2

Yep also give them middle names? when the fish ( kings ) fire up I can simply attach a hook to the sinker, this way I don't mind fishing lighter and loosing the odd sinker. The kings also seem to respond better to the lighter action outfits. You may notice that many of these sinkers have loops both ends, these are the ones I use livebaiting kings ( no lead slipping up and down the line wearing through). The double loop sinkers are great for grabbing hold of when you want to lift kings into the boat too.

IMG_1862.thumb.JPG.c2d3f8a51e02a4de63fe783be2309092.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JonD said:

Yep also give them middle names? when the fish ( kings ) fire up I can simply attach a hook to the sinker, this way I don't mind fishing lighter and loosing the odd sinker. The kings also seem to respond better to the lighter action outfits. You may notice that many of these sinkers have loops both ends, these are the ones I use livebaiting kings ( no lead slipping up and down the line wearing through). The double loop sinkers are great for grabbing hold of when you want to lift kings into the boat too.

IMG_1862.thumb.JPG.c2d3f8a51e02a4de63fe783be2309092.JPG

Very nice, I like the idea .    Do you just put a meter or do trace on them? 

23 hours ago, antonywardle said:

Maybe go with a theme for the names.  

Many of the appliances at my place have names.    Boris is the pool cleaner, Doris the vacuum cleaner from the movie True Lies.

The dishwasher is Vivian from Pretty Women every time I mention it I think of the line  when she says something like  my legs are 44 inches that’s  88 inches of legs wrapped around you.   ?.    

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Welster said:

Very nice, I like the idea .    Do you just put a meter or do trace on them? 

The trace doesn't need to b to long as the fish are attracted to the sinker. 

To paint them I slide about 10 on stiff wire then spray them with white paint. When dry I lie them flay to spray the red using a piece of plastic card with slits cut in it ( they don't need to be to pretty).

I then hit them with a hammer to flatten a spot for the stick on eyes. 

Simply putting an assist hook through one end has worked as a cheap jig on kings and bonito ( especially bonito ). 

• Like 3