My little one's first catch and it was a ripper!

notoriousTASH

Not a report but wanted to share this large lady caught off the beach at Sans Souci. Little one "helped" reel it in (she just put her hands on top of mine). Her excitement was a better highlight than the fish! Didn't measure it but judging by the size up against the little one, I'd say 60-65cm. About 2kg. She was very brave and adamant to hold it, but obviously didn't let her. I did let her touch its back after it stopped thrashing around and helped me release it back to the water, and she loved watching it swim away. We taught her that the really big fish we put back in the water so they can make more baby fish. After we watched the flattie swim away, she said "good bye! Make babies please!" 

IMG_20180923_103413_470.jpg

Edited by notoriousTASH
  • Like 11

That's a decent flathead, i do the same, i normally only ever keep flathead around the 40cm size, last big stonker my mate caught we let here go, (over 65cm at church point) 

I teach my kids the same, although my boy is adamant to keep all the 'fishies',  better for them to swim on and become a giant monster and reproduce.