The entrance

Kingyjohn

Hey guys heading up the entrance soon and thinking about going for a night beach fish for a Jew and was wondering how it’s been fishing and whether you fish gutter or run your bait out of the mouth with the current also are livies the go or strip bait better 

cheers kingyjohn

17 hours ago, Kingyjohn said:

Is the lake fishing any good with the little flow ?

It's probably a little slow fishing though I don't fish it as much as I will be now I have a yak. From what I have read due to the low water flow it also takes longer for the water temp to rise unless we get a lot of hot days close together. 

If you are land based soft plastics would be your best bet in the lake just walk along the banks I'd start from Terilbah Island and work my way around. 

Heaps of old guys fish for black fish on the other side past the tackle shop its amazing how many they catch. Plenty of mullet school also around this area also. 

The run to the sea is full of sand and little tidal flow through the lake west of the bridge. Historically, the fishing has been best with the channel open. There's hardly any flow atm with the channel only about 2 metres wide and maybe a foot deep at the beach. 

I've found this winter to be very disappointing. The blackfish run was very patchy. Some leatherjackets around a little while back. No poddies in the shallows when I checked the other day. Don't know about bream and a bit early for whiting, flatties, prawns and crabs. That being said, fish long enough and hard enough and you may score the odd flattie or bream.

Beach and stones look a better option for land based fishing. Good luck and post a report about your trip to let us know how you went.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi
  • Like 1

I've not had much luck at the Entrance this winter. Even the mullet haven't been biting all that much. Its a good spot to take my youngest, and he has managed a few nice bream, but really, it was pretty quiet. The black fish fisho's thought it was pretty slow too. A couple of blokes have been going ok for flathead on plastics. Whats the pelicans when cleaning, they are pretty aggressive atm. 

1 hour ago, Kingyjohn said:

Righto cheers guys any one had any luck off the rocks near the mouth on drummer n stuff

Not sure about the rocks around there but Norah Head seems popular. Bit of a mission to get to the rocks with the stairs. Shot you a PM anyway

• 2 weeks later...