The easy way to remove old line from your spool

kiwicraig

I do something similar with a softdrink bottle cap-pushed a bolt through the cap, screwed a nut on and then put the cap back on the bottle and wind the line off, ive also found that i can use this system with empty line spools and rewinding line onto them and then reversing the line- gets a lot more life out of braided line. I have a Bees Knees spooler which makes the whole process painless and fast- I also have visitors who use the Bees Knees - price of admission is usually a beer!

• Like 1

Just when you think you had all possible gadgets, ex girlfriend bought me a 'de-spooler' runs on 2 x AA batteries takes about 90 seconds to strip a spinning reel but line thrown on the floor in a pile, so no recycling possible. Like the guys above, I usually try to reverse line and re-use. Thoughtful present all the same

I use the same brand drill to remove line and so far just throw it out but I also use a screwdriver through a 1000m spool of line held by the drill to respool I have calico garden gloves that I use to maintain tension and I work at that B hardware store.

Edited by blaxland