Hey everyone, I'm going to sunshine in Lake Macquarie. I was wondering if anybody knows some good spots for bream, flathead or whiting around there and how to fish them (I'm only going as a once of so I won't take your favourite spot ?). I was also wondering how you guys would go about fishing a jetty/ wharf for bream, I am pretty new to fishing, however, from what I've gathered a running sinker down to a size 1 octopus hook with a bit of servo prawn on it would do ok if not the same caliber as some live poddy mullet suspended under a float, etc. Please put any advice about bread and butter species in this chat and if you feel like it share your PB bream.

8 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Try unweighted mullet strips  we got bream over there 2 sundays ago  im at summerland pt  heres a foto of one of my little ones

20170328_213107.jpg

I just realised I've never caught a whole bream as the ones i catch measure from that ones nose to gill plate.Did  wonder how you take a fillet from one.?Nice catch mate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pugzthugz said:

Hey everyone, I'm going to sunshine in Lake Macquarie. I was wondering if anybody knows some good spots for bream, flathead or whiting around there and how to fish them (I'm only going as a once of so I won't take your favourite spot ?). I was also wondering how you guys would go about fishing a jetty/ wharf for bream, I am pretty new to fishing, however, from what I've gathered a running sinker down to a size 1 octopus hook with a bit of servo prawn on it would do ok if not the same caliber as some live poddy mullet suspended under a float, etc. Please put any advice about bread and butter species in this chat and if you feel like it share your PB bream.

Hi pugzthugz and welcome to fishraider. 

We have a wonderful search engine that you can use to find info and previous posts. Here is the search using "Lake Macquarie" with dozens of posts to read.

https://www.fishraider.com.au/search/?q=lake macquarie

New members can also introduce themselves in this post

We also have a records section - check it out for raiders record captures of 100's of species :)

Good luck with the fishing and hope to read your reports ;)

• Thanks 1