Sign in to follow this  
masterfisho7

My Camera

My girls both have 7d's, this one looks like new unlike theirs.

• Like 1

I've been a professional photographer for the last 4 years and use a 7d for elevated and some of my hand held work. Its taken tens of thousands of shots and just keeps on going. They're a terrific unit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

I've been a professional photographer for the last 4 years and use a 7d for elevated and some of my hand held work. Its taken tens of thousands of shots and just keeps on going. They're a terrific unit.

What are you shooting professionaly ?  I used to use d series body's but can do everything I used to do with $80,000 worth of gear on one compact now.

Mostly real estate and a bit of landscape.

A 5d III and another mark IV are my go to bodies.

• Like 1

I have a Canon EOS T3 Rebel. Undoubtedly a "useful" camera. Wish I knew how to use it properly though. I don't understand much of the technical stuff because I'm as thick as a plank when it comes to reading "HOW TO" manuals. One has to make do with the best one can do. Cheers, bn

19 hours ago, JonD said:

What are you shooting professionaly ?  I used to use d series body's but can do everything I used to do with $80,000 worth of gear on one compact now.

Which compact are you referring to Jon?

My two cameras I use for my photography great cameras Nikon and Canon use for photos on my Masterfisho Page . I have six cameras all up

43096005_1906140946139560_8559268297873293312_n.jpg

43193419_1906141239472864_5532488695581507584_n.jpg

Edited by masterfisho7

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

I have a Canon EOS T3 Rebel. Undoubtedly a "useful" camera. Wish I knew how to use it properly though. I don't understand much of the technical stuff because I'm as thick as a plank when it comes to reading "HOW TO" manuals. One has to make do with the best one can do. Cheers, bn

The glory of digital cameras is it costs nothing to experiment Neil.

Look at your manual, set your camera to different shooting modes, take it out the back yard and fire away. Try relatively large adjustments in shutter speed or aperture and compare the differences on your PC screen.

Sometimes trial and error is the best way to learn.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

The glory of digital cameras is it costs nothing to experiment Neil.

Look at your manual, set your camera to different shooting modes, take it out the back yard and fire away. Try relatively large adjustments in shutter speed or aperture and compare the differences on your PC screen.

Sometimes trial and error is the best way to learn.

Good advice cameras can at first be hard to use takes a little time to learn to use them 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JonD said:

Not a true compact but I've heard a lot of good raps on the Sony A7 III.

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Which compact are you referring to Jon?

In this first video this is the kind of gear I used to use compared with the little Sony I now use.  Just my tripod and wimberly head as shown in this video cost more than the Sony camera. When I used to do images of eagles in nests getting two camera bodies and big lenses high into tree tops was a killer, one lens alone weighed around 7 kg. The sheer weight of my old gear also meant trying to hand hold it was very tiring, not just in tree tops but out in the yak too. 

In my opinion the Sony with 315 Focus points and 24 frames per second completely out does the expensive gear I owned. 

The fact my kit was so heavy meant it was only ever used a short distance from the car, also having the right lens on for the subject at the time compared to a camera that has a lens permanently that covers it all means missing very few shots. A huge pain for me especially with canon slr cameras even new out of the box was dust attracted to the sensor. Simply point the lens to a clear blue section of sky and shoot at f22 then zoom in around the image to see all the dust stuck on the sensor. 

When it came to selling images, the buyer never asked what camera was used, for them it's about the image. Getting that right image because you have a camera with you which is quick and easy to use in all situations means getting far more images for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JonD said:

In this first video this is the kind of gear I used to use compared with the little Sony I now use.  Just my tripod and wimberly head as shown in this video cost more than the Sony camera. When I used to do images of eagles in nests getting two camera bodies and big lenses high into tree tops was a killer, one lens alone weighed around 7 kg. The sheer weight of my old gear also meant trying to hand hold it was very tiring, not just in tree tops but out in the yak too. 

In my opinion the Sony with 315 Focus points and 24 frames per second completely out does the expensive gear I owned. 

The fact my kit was so heavy meant it was only ever used a short distance from the car, also having the right lens on for the subject at the time compared to a camera that has a lens permanently that covers it all means missing very few shots. A huge pain for me especially with canon slr cameras even new out of the box was dust attracted to the sensor. Simply point the lens to a clear blue section of sky and shoot at f22 then zoom in around the image to see all the dust stuck on the sensor. 

When it came to selling images, the buyer never asked what camera was used, for them it's about the image. Getting that right image because you have a camera with you which is quick and easy to use in all situations means getting far more images for me.

Interesting Jon 

27 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Interesting Jon 

Dont get me wrong, the slr gear is great. I had people telling me how GoPro images were no good as photos, yet I was selling frames from GoPro video to national press that were printing up fine for newspapers ( better online ).

When I was using slr gear I obsessed in getting the best lenses possible but soon found the paying customer cares little about if the image was taken through $$ glass or $$$$$ glass.

As mentioned both my girls use 7d mk1 bodies, one uses the 100-400mk2 and the other uses the nano 70-300, a big variation just in these lower cost lenses. Compare with the 400 2.8 I owned and I have to say My daughter with the cheapest 70-300 gets the best results consistently ( untill I got the Sony). This to me has much to do with usability, even the 100-400 is a heavy lump to be using in kayaks and boats as you are bouncing around. 

14 hours ago, JonD said:

Im only 7 minutes into this review & I am already blow away by the features on the Sony.

I have been looking for a new camera for ages & was thinking SLR but I did this years ago with film camera's & bought lenses & heaps of add ons like lenses  & like you said the weight of all that gear it over the top & especially if your travelling, that's a put off for me really for the SLR.

I also think for what you get its a pretty good price to.

Im pretty keen on this bit of gear but will 

Thanks Jon ?

• Like 1