catching the myth

dirvin21

Out with the kids yesterday fishing (no fish), swimming and trapping shrimps for the fishtank, in a bit of weed not 6 feet from where the kids were playing got this guy 

20181004_122325.jpg.05de398c6c8ea175841b4c5e57ecedf0.jpg

only small but a bullrout this size will bring a grown man to his knees, this fish came from green weed in 30cm of water in crystal clear gravel bottomed creek it's easy to forget they're there. He now resides in the fishtank because the property owner wanted to dispatch him fishtank was the alternative

wear shoes when walking/swimming in freshwater  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Out with the kids yesterday fishing (no fish), swimming and trapping shrimps for the fishtank, in a bit of weed not 6 feet from where the kids were playing got this guy 

20181004_122325.jpg.05de398c6c8ea175841b4c5e57ecedf0.jpg

only small but a bullrout this size will bring a grown man to his knees, this fish came from green weed in 30cm of water in crystal clear gravel bottomed creek it's easy to forget they're there. He now resides in the fishtank because the property owner wanted to dispatch him fishtank was the alternative

wear shoes when walking/swimming in freshwater  

Hey Dave. Don't know what I'm looking for in your tank...so where is it? bn

53 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Thank you so much for helping this old fart out. It was well camouflaged, that's for sure. So how prolific are these things? I've never heard of them. Would they exist in the Murray Darling system? Cheers folks, bn

Don't worry Neil, I couldn't see it either. :)

very cool. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Thank you so much for helping this old fart out. It was well camouflaged, that's for sure. So how prolific are these things? I've never heard of them. Would they exist in the Murray Darling system? Cheers folks, bn

Not in the murray-darling as Blackfish said..... it's easy to forget they exist I've seen 6 including this one....... have looked after many sting victims in my profession....... just posted up the pic to remind people these guys are out there especially in weed it's easy to get complacent in freshwater

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I trode on one many years ago dragging for prawns at Elizabeth beach in budgewoi lake. I still have flash backs to this day about the pain . I spent a day i A@E and  no matter what they gave me the pulsating pain would not go away. They are a nasty bit of gear.

Cheers Scotty