First Big Red

nipper

Well another great trip to Crowdy is done and dusted. Had some great fishing and not so great weather the second week. While the fishing was good with plenty snapper to 5kg, heaps of pearlies and kings a few highlights stood out. 

First of all was my first sighting of a great white hanging around the boat. I have dived in the cages with them off Mexico but not whilst out fishing. Its wasn't huge but at 3.5metres I guess it was a great sight. Had a few half hearted thoughts about having a chew on the outboard but just nosed it instead. After fishing the comp over the long weekend my other main objective was to get my nephew a large reddie. He was staying with us for the remainder of the week  to fish. It has been a couple for years in the making after a few false starts we got out on his first day with me and ended up with 9 reds and a couple of about 2kgs for Toby. He was pretty chuffed.

My nephew is always asking how the big snapper fight I said you'll hopefully find out next time out. Well couple of days later and a late start due to weather prediction getting it wrong we left the house at 0615 and with a bit of NE forecast I didn't go to far from the ramp.  Well first fish after 15min was his first big snapper. 4.8kgs and 74cms. He was over the moon. Very next fish he caught a pearlie which was another first for him. I said to him that my job is done and now anything else is a bonus. We ended up catching a few more reds then had early finish leaving at 0945. Had some video of the GWS but its a bit big to upload.  See what is next on his bucket list.  I think a nice king is his next target species.  Anyway once again great trip away. Pretty good way to bring up his 15th birthday.

Cheers Nipper

Toby 2 Nice Platties.JPG

Toby 4.8kgs Snapper.JPG

• Like 5