Sunday 7/10

nutsaboutfishing

9E21F3AC-6EAC-45E6-AA57-3C4EA0065585.thumb.jpeg.61513c37034f809a8c780f39906d2f8f.jpegDaylight savings has many good points. A new one I've discovered is you can wake up an hour later but still fish the rising sun.

Got down you Chiswick aroundd 6.30 and started casting HB with a westerly at my back. Quickly bagged two Tailor. Then things went quiet for a while. 

Started to rain but I came prepared with a rain jacket and lucky I did.

After awhile picked up a 28cm bream and that made to early morning and worth it. But few more casts later and hooked into a 35cm variety,  it wasn't very happy and gave a good account for itself.

Getting excited about the coming months

B50C91B4-C6AD-4F87-9720-A8DFA97A06B2.jpeg

Edited by nutsaboutfishing
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Ledge said:

What lures you using? Maybe I need to try the HBs for bream... have only used big xraps for pelagics 

hi not sure the exact lure but they're similar to this one about 35-40mm long

I'll only fish them over mud flats otherwise you lose them to snags if you fish elsewhere.

Is this what other people do?Image result for HB lures bream

Edited by nutsaboutfishing

43 minutes ago, connico said:

Bream and blades seem to work well. I set mine up with double hooks facing up and I've not lost a lure to snags since... I've lost them to fish fighting dirty and to shit casting (into trees and reeds)

I've never had much success with any type of blades. What's you bream blade retrieve technique? I've changed all mine to w hooks as well

cheers

richard

2 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

I've never had much success with any type of blades. What's you bream blade retrieve technique? I've changed all mine to w hooks as well

cheers

richard

Method one - Slow roll tip high so you can feel the vibration

Method two - twitch and stop retrieve, tip of rod going low to high. Every time you twitch you retrieve. Then you stop and let it sink. Repeat till it gets back to you boat.

6 minutes ago, connico said:

Method one - Slow roll tip high so you can feel the vibration

Method two - twitch and stop retrieve, tip of rod going low to high. Every time you twitch you retrieve. Then you stop and let it sink. Repeat till it gets back to you boat.

thanks