Quick flick in North Sydney

Oli

Having heard of bustups in Sydney Harbour, I desperately wanted to have a try at catching some pelagics. So I headed to a wharf in North Sydney for some fresh air. On arrival, I saw some blackfish cruising around the wharf. I quickly tied on a green weed imitation and hoped for a luderick to eat it. On the first cast, I was hooked up for 5 seconds, but i pulled the hooks out trying to get the fish away from structure. For an hour I caught nothing. However, my mate did manage to catch an average-sized squid.

We were just about to pack up when we saw seagulls and splashes. My mate cast out a metal lure, and while it was hard for the lure to land where the school of fish was, he eventually managed to hook up to a decent fish. I tried casting towards the school but my rod was simply incapable of doing so. i decided to help land his fish instead. After a tough fight, we beached the big fish ended up with a 55cm aussie salmon. 

We stayed another hour for zilch.

At least there'll be some great food for tonights dinner.

0?ui=2&ik=3e42369fb0&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1613731707565092655&th=166520702833af2f&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8PWPhoIB4zE8bwH7DUZCDCg0tRI8_2tRx6J_iQOEoAAiiMPQv7_8mIItW_Ddae0oLCm_KpPP9Qlqy_ZIoVKXq7ecSH675_b7sovhX3eL_2_y4rGZn2zu9jXj4&disp=emb

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...