Perch (i think) at rydalmere.

Benny01

Last night i was at rydalmere wh seeing if there were any bream around, when what i think a school of estary perch rocked up. cought about 6 droped a few all the same size 25-27cm. it happened right on change of tide from hi to low about 1/2h after sundown.

ive never cought this type of fish before so not sure 100% if they were perch or a parramatta river hybred. 

would love to know what they were if someone can make it out in the photo.82FA8B16-6CD0-4CDD-98D0-03FF72E2C8A8.thumb.jpeg.5bb23893cf8b53fb21e25db3dca27173.jpeg

Edited by Benny01

Thanks guys i went back tonight and saw them jumping all over the place. cort 2 more and lost a bigger one. 

can i ask is it normal for them to be around? ive been fishing there a few years now but have never seen them there before. 

They turn up in all sorts of places, because they ride the tides they tend to concentrate heavily on one piece of structure and the next peice of structure (that often looks identical) will have none. They are a much more widely distributed fish than many realise.Am guessing since the removal of commercial effort in the harbour they have probably bounced back .