Mixed Catch Offshore and Inside

Barnacle

Many years since my last report and lots happened since then. Thought I'd better put some info together.

Sold our Sydney home a few years ago and moved to the Central Coast. New home with a jetty and boat ramp so pretty happy with that arrangement.

Last Monday headed out to Browns with a fishing mate for a bottom bash and then followed up at 2.30 pm for a troll after tuna. 

Bagged out on gem fish, caught an alfonsino (I think that's how it's spelt - like a nannygai on steroids), an ocean perch and then headed out for a troll.1273206240_AlfonsinoBrowns1-10-18.jpg.6c2dbb75df81f9dc700634f5d665a8b5.jpg

After a morning dropping on Browns and hauling up 1.4kg sinkers and fish my arms were pretty well softened up. I suppose to be expected at well over 70. We had trolled to the north to ease the ride back with the north easterly picking up (as predicted). After about 40 minutes the tuna arrived. First hit was on the port long corner (no hook up) then the starboard short (still no attachment) followed by the starboard long. Bang - we were on. My mate kept the speed up and I went to the rod to check how much line was left to avoid not having enough for any long runs. Unfortunately (or from my view point thanks for that) only one hook up. My mate pulled in the other lines and I settled in to bring the big boy in. Either my age or the morning session but I was sure it felt more like the last 60kg model I pulled up.

After some good team work (we've fished together for a fair while) we boated the YFT and took a few happy snaps before trolling for another hour an a half but no success.1939125431_YFTNBrowns1-10-18.thumb.JPG.53b1b07f9df162e50dbb2e3a9f0ad170.JPG

Tuesday this week the weather cleared so my wife and I loaded some mud crap pots with bait and pushed the bout down our ramp and dropped a few in the river at the back of our house just after lunch. Caught a few bream (most too small but one keeper) then went home. Went back to check the pots at about 6.30 and pulled up two empty but one with a nice sized muddy.

1019467978_Muddie-9-10-18.thumb.jpg.a4ab4d090fd35eb89ea79efcf2c828a0.jpg

• Like 5

I often head out in my Quinnie 560 Legend (centre console) however last week was with my mate in his WA built 5.7m centre console plate boat. Either boat takes us under two hours to get to Browns from Roseville. We always check the weather carefully, carry an onboard EPRIB and I have a personal one as well plus other safety gear. Heading out from the Central Coast is a drive first and then the usual boat trip (not a boat trip from the Central Coast. I also head out from Swansea to various spots including Norah Canyons. Each is pretty close to 30 nm from the ramp.