Bought my first boat! Cant wait to hit the water!

MJGough

Hello.

Long time since I posted. I recently relocated to Lake Mac, have been fishing a tonne from the shore and it has been great, plenty of fish and plenty of good water, but I couldnt justify not having a boat any longer!

Scoured FB and Gumtree for weeks, missed a few good deals here and there, even had a few good boats sold out from under me after we had agreed on a price and a pick up time! Thats the game I guess.

I wanted something small but roomy, its for 2 adults and a 7 and 9 year old, and set myself a low budget (I always go overboard) this is just a toy after all ?

I spotted this boat, made an offer and nabbed it, I think did well for $3K. Has a flat floor, plenty of room, very deep and wide, a bit of storage, and the motor is in amazing condition, it had a comprehensive service a few weeks ago and hasnt been used since. The trailer is super tidy too.

Won't get it out for a while yet as it looks like rain for the next few weeks, but itching to get on the water and pull a few fish in. Will have to spend the few wet weeks brainstorming mods for it to get it where I want it.

SyJFUyQ.jpgrvGkF5I.jpgoaD3mpg.jpg

yu90sDg.jpg

Thanks guys.

Edited by MJGough
Internet dramas
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Noo2OzFish said:

looks like a ripper have fun mate

Thanks mate, I'm sure it will be fun, hopefully get me into some nice new spots and onto some decent fish!

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

No stopping you now mate. Just remember...If it looks risky, don't do it. Will look forward to reading your posts down the track. Cheers, bn

Good advice, looking forward to some good new reports hopefully.

49 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

I can see lots of family fun there - well done and congrats. Look forward to the reports (when the weather clears!).

Cheers

Zoran

Thanks mate, I'm hoping it will make plenty of great weekends with the Mrs and kids. I loved doing the same with my old man and still do. I live 300m from the lake, why not enjoy it. 

37 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Congratulations on your purchase.

Look forward to reading your reports!

Thanks mate, look forward to getting it out and coming back with some reports.

Congratulations mate, looks like you got yourself a real bargain there, nice boat , but it needs some goodies here and there though.

Send me your address and I will send you a parcel, couple of rod holders anchor light and other stuff that you will find handy.

Frank

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Flatties n jew are just startin to fire  mate got two jew on vibes mon arvo near dropover  wot area are u

That's awesome mate, good work, I would love to bag a few. I'm at Bonnell's bay, just up from the dog park boat ramp but could go in at any of the nearby ramps.  Not too familiar with the waterways, have only been land based so far.

3 hours ago, antonywardle said:

nice looking boat. If you want company one day, PM me, or come down the M1 to Gosford and I'll show you around brisbane waters!

Thanks mate. I used to live down that way but never hit the waterways. Might have to take you up on that sometime, only a quick tow for me to get there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frankS said:

Congratulations mate, looks like you got yourself a real bargain there, nice boat , but it needs some goodies here and there though.

Send me your address and I will send you a parcel, couple of rod holders anchor light and other stuff that you will find handy.

Frank

Thank you.

That's very Generous of you frank, top bloke. It would be rude of me to say no but I feel you deserve to have something sent your way too!

I will flick you a PM and we can work something out.

• Like 2

Nice One, And good luck Mate, hope you do better than me I have been toiling away on the Lake for a year now since i got my first boat (Mainly North of Pullbah) and not many fish bigger than my hand, But still always good just to be on the water 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doza48 said:

Nice One, And good luck Mate, hope you do better than me I have been toiling away on the Lake for a year now since i got my first boat (Mainly North of Pullbah) and not many fish bigger than my hand, But still always good just to be on the water 

Thanks. 

I have caught plenty of big things from the shore, have you tried over by the power station?

5 minutes ago, MJGough said:

Thanks. 

I have caught plenty of big things from the shore, have you tried over by the power station?

I drifted around past that side of Pulbah Island once, and caught an okay squid but that's about it 

16 minutes ago, Doza48 said:

I drifted around past that side of Pulbah Island once, and caught an okay squid but that's about it 

I have fished the inlets and outlets of the PS from the land, plenty of thumping big bream, queenfish, Small GT's, giant herring, big taylor, leather jackets, blackfish, never go home without catching at least a few each.

Just now, MJGough said:

I have fished the inlets and outlets of the PS from the land, plenty of thumping big bream, queenfish, Small GT's, giant herring, big taylor, leather jackets, blackfish, never go home without catching at least a few each.

I'm clearly useless but will have a better go around there next time i get out, Are you using plastics or Bait?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Doza48 said:

I'm clearly useless but will have a better go around there next time i get out, Are you using plastics or Bait?

Prawns and plastics, most are caught on prawns though,particularly the bream and queenfish. Plenty of garfish to be caught as livies too, though every time I use one it just gets ripped half.

23 hours ago, antonywardle said:

@Doza48 I'm happy to come up for trip. Maybe together we can help you become less rubbish ?

?

I should have read this yesterday, another fishless morning this morning ?

happy to get lessons off anyone anytime ?

• Like 1