Clifton Gardens for Fishing

tunafish

Is Clifton Gardens a good spot to fish for landbased? I have been there once and saw that it was crowded with people. If it is, what bait should I use and when should I go there (least popular times). If it isn’t, any other spots to recommend? 

Thanks, tunafish 

Clifton gardens is a very well known land based spot. Theres a jetty there you can fish from.

In answer to your question when is it not crowded? Rarely unless your fishing on a work day. In my opinion fishing clifton gardens is best during the morning and thats when it is busiest.

Everything goes there mate, prawns, pillies, squid. You can have a go at live baits as kingfish, salmon and bonito can be caught there.

Id also try flicking a plastic around.

Sam

Edited by GoingFishing

Always a wide variety to fish there. It is very busy most days when the conditions are good. My recommendation: when looking at the jetty look to the right and you will see some rocks. Head up the walking trail and take the second path off of it to the left and it will get you down there. Lots of berley, I use breadcrumb, chicken pellets and small bits of bait I want to use. 

Rig, go small 0 or 00 sinker, bead and then hook, size 1 up to 3/0. 

Bait squid strip hooked through once or pillie tails.