Marina fuel price

videoross

The cost of diesel at marinas around Sydney varies between expensive and extortion, It would be great if members could post what price at the pumps they have spotted or were charged, I will be filling up this weekend, so will send an update, any thoughts?

I had a boat moored in Bermagui harbour for many years and other than transporting fuel via jerry cans etc I had no choice but to fill up from the pumps within the harbour, prices were a little more than in servo's but the beauty was that you knew what the price was going to be as it stayed similar all the time where the servo's could be 15 cents a litre different from one day to the next. And when you are putting as much as 260 ltrs in the price difference can be huge.

If you want to fuel the boat you just have to grim and bear the cost.

Frank

I believe that Baileys near White Bay 6 is one of the more competitive, but I don't know their current prices. I think you also have to do their induction before you can buy fuel there - worth googling I think.

I get mine at the Spit - Horrendously expensive - last I looked it was $1.80 plus, then you pay 1.5% fee on top!!

Unfortunately it is the most convenient for me - so for the cost of time, I use their facilities!

I wouldn't if I knew of a viable alternative.

be interesting to see what others say

• 2 weeks later...