Super easy fishing caddy

MJGough

Hello all. Thought I would share my little creation here. I was fishing a few times a week with the Mrs, 2 kids and a baby and ended up with a heap to carry to and from our favorite spots, often along dirt tracks or off road. I looked at buying a caddy but they were a bit pricey and didn't do it for me so I knocked one up in an hour or so with a few bits and pieces and some stuff I had lying around.

Provided you have a bunch of stuff flying around like me you will need to buy very little, if not;

$25 big pneumatic wheeled trolley from bunnings

$15-$25 appropriately sized heavy duty plastic storage tub with lid

$8 Occie straps

$7-$15 worth of PVC pipe (appropriate size and amount you need)

$3 packet of cable ties 

Total $75 at most 

napTb25.jpg

Super simple. Cut your PVC to length, as many as you need, cut a notch in them for the reels so the don't spin around.

Drill 4 holes through your box per length of pipe. Run your cable ties through and secure your rod holders.

Done and dusted.
My tub holds a bait bucket full of bait, all my tackle and spare line and gear, some rags and some other little bits and pieces (sunscreen, aeroguard etc)

Esky for your food and drink for the day.
Secure them to the trolley with your straps and you are sweet. I have wheeled this set up a few KM's  on a muddy dirt road with no dramas, all very secure, holds a tonne of wait, and the lid is plenty thick to hold the weight of the esky. I often strap some fold up chairs on too. The big wheels are great over rough terrain.

Though you folks here might enjoy my shonky little DIY trolley, looks a bit odd but definitely a life saver and makes family trips a whole lot easier and quicker. Packing the ute is a breeze too.

Cheers. 

Edited by MJGough
  • Like 5

Very neat and tidy carryall. well done.

A few years ago I built a trolley for a guy who comes to visit AU each year and is a very keen fisho, also a member here, We have become very good friends. It is electric and has forward and reverse and can carry all that is needed as fast or as slow as you want to walk, variable speed. Next project is a similar but remote control buggy.

Frank

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Very inventive - good on you!

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Good work. Certainly beats being loaded up like a pack mule. 

100%. That grew old really quick 

9 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I like it! Especially if it’s getting you and the family out there enjoying yourselves! I understand the back breaking work of carrying everything for kids etc! Good on you! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Its fun with the family when you are set up and in the water but a mission to get everything to the spot. This way we have all wee need (usually more) and can venture a bit further without getting fed up with carrying everything.

7 hours ago, frankS said:

Very neat and tidy carryall. well done.

A few years ago I built a trolley for a guy who comes to visit AU each year and is a very keen fisho, also a member here, We have become very good friends. It is electric and has forward and reverse and can carry all that is needed as fast or as slow as you want to walk, variable speed. Next project is a similar but remote control buggy.

Frank

I considered making sonething similar with an old electric golf cart, maybe one day.

I guess the benefit of this is all the components just strap on and still can be used individually for whatever reason. I took the tub in the boat the other day and it was perfect storage. Can use the trolley to move everything in the garage to make room for a bigger boat one day too haha.