Show us your fishing buggy

frankS

Just recently a member started a thread showing his land based fishing trolley, a very neat and good idea.

It prompted me to start this thread and I urge other members to show their trolley .

Here is one I built for a friend of mine who visits Australia each year and is land based.

It carries all you would need for a days fishing, not suitable for the rocks but for flat and beach fishing it does the job.

Battery operated forward and reverse variable speed , front compartment holds tackle boxes etc and the centre can hold storage box with small esky etc on top of tackle boxes, fit 8-20 amp hour battery and it will last a couple of days if camping out.

Frank

20181016_092116fs.jpg

20181016_092048fs.jpg

20181016_092132fs.jpg

• Like 2

Waza. The guy I made the buggy for " Snatcher " is a Newcastle United fan so I thought it was fitting to decorate his buggy with the team he loves.

The remote control model will be able to follow you as you walk around the shoreline casting your lures etc so the buggy can always be close by.

Frank

20181016_121648fs.jpg

• Like 1

(Thought it would be easiest to just copy my other post to here,  thanks Frank)

NOW, the opposite end of the spectrum is my caveman-like creation. Enjoy.

I was fishing a few times a week with the Mrs, 2 kids and a baby and ended up with a heap to carry to and from our favorite spots, often along dirt tracks or off road. I looked at buying a caddy but they were a bit pricey and didn't do it for me so I knocked one up in an hour or so with a few bits and pieces and some stuff I had lying around.

Provided you have a bunch of stuff flying around like me you will need to buy very little, if not;

$25 big pneumatic wheeled trolley from bunnings

$15-$25 appropriately sized heavy duty plastic storage tub with lid

$8 Occie straps

$7-$15 worth of PVC pipe (appropriate size and amount you need)

$3 packet of cable ties 

Total $75 at most 

napTb25.jpg

Super simple. Cut your PVC to length, as many as you need, cut a notch in them for the reels so the don't spin around.

Drill 4 holes through your box per length of pipe. Run your cable ties through and secure your rod holders.

Done and dusted.
My tub holds a bait bucket full of bait, all my tackle and spare line and gear, some rags and some other little bits and pieces (sunscreen, aeroguard etc)

Esky for your food and drink for the day.
Secure them to the trolley with your straps and you are sweet. I have wheeled this set up a few KM's  on a muddy dirt road with no dramas, all very secure, holds a tonne of wait, and the lid is plenty thick to hold the weight of the esky. I often strap some fold up chairs on too. The big wheels are great over rough terrain.

Though you folks here might enjoy my shonky little DIY trolley, looks a bit odd but definitely a life saver and makes family trips a whole lot easier and quicker. Packing the ute is a breeze too.

Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kingfishbig said:

Have you tried it on the beach MJGough? I suppose you could let some air out of the tyres like the 4WDs do! 

Nit yet I haven't. The beach is always a pain when in comes to lugging gear. Backpack might be the go but who knows, maybe this would work.

11 hours ago, frankS said:

Mitch it is creations such as yours which I hope this thread will generate interest in, I'm sure there are many different styles of fishing trolleys, and I hope to see a few here.

Frank

I am hopeful we will see some mind blowing examples here. They can be a real "why didn't I think of that" deal.

10 hours ago, MJGough said:

Nit yet I haven't. The beach is always a pain when in comes to lugging gear. Backpack might be the go but who knows, maybe this would work.

I am hopeful we will see some mind blowing examples here. They can be a real "why didn't I think of that" deal.

There is a commercial trolley (actually they have a range) from Beachwheels Australia that have very large pneumatic tyres. As the name suggests they are designed for beach use. I'm tempted to buy one as I feel like a pack mule with a haversack and esky to carry and it would be handy to get to further away gutters and away from crowds.

Edited by kingfishbig
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluefin said:

I have a Beachwheels ,  Carries Esky and seats from the car to a picnic table perfectly !!!!  I have the Beachmate.  Howard,

Have you tried it on the beach? They are pricey but the more I think about it I think I will get one. The features of the large pneumatic wheels and corrosion resistant materials put it above the others I have seen.

• Like 1