Breaking rods?

pugzthugz

Soooo I wanna catch some sharks and I don't wanna invest heaps of money in a 1000$ outfit. I found this rod on a shop for pretty cheap but I have no idea if it will be ok for sharks. It suggests that you can catch small gummies with it so I assume its ok for normal sharks, however, it doesn't actually have a viewable weight capacity really don't know and I don't want to come home with a broken rod. Please help, BTW if I catch any sharks they will probably be small ones but I can't control whether a big one takes my bait or not. Any advice would be appreciated, here is a link to the rod in question: https://www.a shop.com.au/p/rogue-raven-spinning-rod-12ft/287902.html. Cheers ?.

7 minutes ago, pugzthugz said:

Cheers, are their any rods you would suggest for sharks off the beach for perhaps under 50$?

Iv caught sharks with that exact rod.. only bronzies around the metre mark though had no worries with them

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2018 at 10:01 PM, pugzthugz said:

Cheers, are their any rods you would suggest for sharks off the beach for perhaps under 50$?

2nd hand for that price, see if you can get an old FSU 4120, will handle just about anything off a beach, just make sure it has no broken guides etc, BTW most rods are broken through "operator error - so to speak", high sticking, dropping , slamming in car doors etc, use the drag on the reel and "angle " the fish, dont wind it in. Your other thought of an Alvey is a very good one, great way to learn how to fight a fish on a free spinning Alvey!

• Thanks 1