Lostock Dam firing up for a tasty season

JA1990

Hi Raiders, 

I have been lurking in the back wash from social media and not actively sharing any reports as there hasn't really been much to report. However I have fished Lostock a few times in Winter. I have pulled out a few with the biggest being 33cm but it just the consistency was not evident for catching. Now spring is here I have been hitting again and catching more and more. Some good days some off days. I went the other week and my cousin pulled out a nice 37cm Bass. It was his first Bass and i certainly got him hooked.

This season will be mostly Bass and I need to beat my record which is 45 cm. I pulled out of Lostock back in 2016 using a Rapala Skitter Pop. The trend is rising and more and more people have been out on the water hitting it hard.

Lostock is one of my favourite places to fish as the tranquility is superb. I also enjoy not having to share the water with wake boats and jet ski riders due to the imposed 8 knot limit and lack of sealed boat ramp. I hope it will stay this way for a long time. 

I have put together a small video showing my trip and I hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by JA1990
Embed change
  • Like 3