My Quintrex Build

Desso87

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and just wanted to share the project with everyone. I’ve had the boat for just over a year which was my fathers and my grandfathers before him they both used it pretty much as a fishing boat but I have quite a large family so I am turning back into an all rounder as the kids love fishing but also like to be towed on the tube.

Its a Quintrex Cruiseabout not sure of the manufactured year model but has been registered since 93. It has a Johnson 90hp v4 on the back. Originally had the fibreglass back seats in it but the grandfather removed everything and converted the flooring over to just have the seat inserts in the floor so he could move the seats about if needed.

The trailer was a bit aged as well so that was the first thing that needed restoring which in the process I found a nice hole in one of the cross beams so after a bit of prep work and some welding, some new paint and rollers she was back to normal.

The boat as it was when I bought it off my father:

59955FFC-2E87-40E8-B1B7-43BD46551490.jpeg

And the trailer Restoration with the only thing needing to be done now is new wheels:

2A3DCF5B-F1EE-4F4F-940F-814BC388AC8A.jpeg

6F6C4C51-0F02-4562-B279-544CD583B36E.jpeg

CBCC3E0D-4C33-4230-843A-4541E0946DA6.jpeg

41726DA3-F924-441A-8534-83E21A2229C4.jpeg

Edited by Desso87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The "80's" cruiseabout was one of the best alloy boats in it's time, in my opinion.

solid / dry boat with the classic hull shape. The 90 will get it up & going, with enough grunt to pull two medium skiers out of the water - if you wanted to.

I have had 2 of these boats (still have one) so I am biased!

Used to spend entire weekends on the Hawkesbury, sleeping on air mattresses on board & fishing day & night - great boat, wish you well with your resto.

My only comment is that you may be better off with slides on the trailer for extra hull support.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is the final result of the repaint and all stickered up. Still have to polish the black a bit and finish the silver underneath but I’m stoked at how good it is looking for an old family boat.

46EEEBEB-74C0-4F12-8348-D47A622741D6.jpeg

Edited by Desso87
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...