What do you guys do on your days off?

Fab1

As the title says,what do you guys do when you can't fish,not working and have time away from family commitments?

I have many things i do like fix all sorts of things for me and others,do gardening,have cook ups,ride our horses,work on the farm,do weights,tinker with cars,and the list goes on and on and......

I'm interested in hearing what others do.

A few projects im working on.

20181028_111307.jpg

Fishing, check fishing gear, gardening (veges and a few fruit trees), and watering during the dry weather, gardening at mum's (a few more fruit trees - no more room here), body surfing a few times a week, check out some new wines I would like to buy (if I had any money left), maybe fart arse about with the car.

• Like 1

I paint. Landscapes mostly. Places I have been. Working on Lord Howe island painting at the moment - very tough.. beyond my meagre skills that's for sure.

Play the occasional computer game. Factorio is my favourite.

Play guitar.

Gardening.

Look at my fishing gear and the boat and lament about not getting out enough.

Think about retiring so I can do more of those things.

Cheers

Jim

• Like 3

Usually working through an extremely long list of things to do around the home. There is always something!

The two things I have in life that take me to a happy place are fishing and music. I play guitar and sing, sometimes even in front of people... ? I have written a few songs but not for some time - I guess I lost all that angst! ?

I just took over caring for a bonsai plant of my son’s. So far I’m finding peace in that, so I may take up bonsai. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Running a small biz- not much time off, i attend 15yr old daughters swimming meets, potter around in the garage making stuff, hate gardening, if i get the chance i go hunting or for a shoot at the range. My boys are grown up, they tried to convince me to make a cricket comeback this year but there was no chance of that happening. Have a good weekend all!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fragmeister said:

I paint. Landscapes mostly. Places I have been. Working on Lord Howe island painting at the moment - very tough.. beyond my meagre skills that's for sure.

Play the occasional computer game. Factorio is my favourite.

Play guitar.

Gardening.

Look at my fishing gear and the boat and lament about not getting out enough.

Think about retiring so I can do more of those things.

Cheers

Jim

My mrs paints.This one above our bed is over 20yrs old now.She's a really good painter/drawer.20181102_143039.thumb.jpg.7490cea4c7bbd5daa82c9bf92ded5b75.jpg

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

That's good work.. she's managed to get a lot of depth in that painting. Looks like a combination of brush and knife work.

That's correct.She has all her painting gear still including canvas but hasn't painted in years for various reasons.I certainly am not a good painter or drawer.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

That's correct.She has all her painting gear still including canvas but hasn't painted in years for various reasons.I certainly am not a good painter or drawer.

You should encourage her to get back into it Fabian. We're only here once and shouldn't waste whatever talents we have. Cheers, bn

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Apart from watching fishraider we do movies, PlayStation, online Canasta, Cribbage, Euchre tournaments. 

I am part of a colourist group, run a large support group, sit on an executive national nursing group. 

Swordie is an exceptional gardener. 

Here are some shots

63CEF17B-5218-41F8-8441-010C7B79668C.jpeg450816DD-3892-41F5-8C1D-86FC4191EEB7.jpegEFF94F30-50B9-464A-BA31-81CBEE36318B.jpeg

You 2 sure make the most of your time.There's nothing like a nice garden to make a home a home and swordie has certainly accomplished that.I try to keep things looking good and grow many plants but my favourites are roses,gardenias,jasmines etc.

Im forever giving stems to neighbours,family etc.The perfume sure beats anything you find at woolies,servos etc 20181028_114110.thumb.jpg.deb1402d0310a64d021b3146933a1f94.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Apart from watching fishraider we do movies, PlayStation, online Canasta, Cribbage, Euchre tournaments. 

I am part of a colourist group, run a large support group, sit on an executive national nursing group. 

Swordie is an exceptional gardener. 

Here are some shots

63CEF17B-5218-41F8-8441-010C7B79668C.jpeg450816DD-3892-41F5-8C1D-86FC4191EEB7.jpegEFF94F30-50B9-464A-BA31-81CBEE36318B.jpeg

Both very talented people Donna and a credit to society. Would be really nice to have beautifully manicured lawns/gardens. Alas, the extent of my interest in gardening is green concrete. However, I have recently ventured into Cacti and Succulents in the pots which I make. Cheers, bn

I have my kids half the time and run around after them, I try my best to keep up with house chores and my building business.  There’s always more to do than time.

With my spare time I alternate read business or investing stuff (yeah I’m a bit weird), dream of being on the boat fishing or when I can get out next.  

But at the moment my spare time is directed at the car I have had for over 25 years.   I pulled the engine out to fix an oil leak and let’s just say that job is growing.   Now thinking about how to build air conditioning into it, different gearbox and diff.   You know all the things people do when replacing a seal.?

I like having my car out of the garage and in the work shed,   the problem with that though is the boat is less likely to get used. 

BAD298A6-6069-4ED5-A600-104D1A755833.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Welster said:

I have my kids half the time and run around after them, I try my best to keep up with house chores and my building business.  There’s always more to do than time.

With my spare time I alternate read business or investing stuff (yeah I’m a bit weird), dream of being on the boat fishing or when I can get out next.  

But at the moment my spare time is directed at the car I have had for over 25 years.   I pulled the engine out to fix an oil leak and let’s just say that job is growing.   Now thinking about how to build air conditioning into it, different gearbox and diff.   You know all the things people do when replacing a seal.?

I like having my car out of the garage and in the work shed,   the problem with that though is the boat is less likely to get used. 

BAD298A6-6069-4ED5-A600-104D1A755833.jpeg

Fairlane 500 is it.

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Both very talented people Donna and a credit to society. Would be really nice to have beautifully manicured lawns/gardens. Alas, the extent of my interest in gardening is green concrete. However, I have recently ventured into Cacti and Succulents in the pots which I make. Cheers, bn

Nothing wrong with the Lebanese lawn mate.I hear its beutiful sitting  on it on a 45deg summers day with cool drink in hand.?

• Like 1