What do you guys do on your days off?

Fab1

14 hours ago, Welster said:

I have my kids half the time and run around after them, I try my best to keep up with house chores and my building business.  There’s always more to do than time.

With my spare time I alternate read business or investing stuff (yeah I’m a bit weird), dream of being on the boat fishing or when I can get out next.  

But at the moment my spare time is directed at the car I have had for over 25 years.   I pulled the engine out to fix an oil leak and let’s just say that job is growing.   Now thinking about how to build air conditioning into it, different gearbox and diff.   You know all the things people do when replacing a seal.?

I like having my car out of the garage and in the work shed,   the problem with that though is the boat is less likely to get used. 

BAD298A6-6069-4ED5-A600-104D1A755833.jpeg

Hey Welster, I have a 351 Windsor motor sitting here IF you want it, just come and pick it up. Was in one of my boats and I replaced it. Would need a rebuild as it's been sitting here for about 8 years under canvas.

Frank

5 hours ago, frankS said:

Hey Welster, I have a 351 Windsor motor sitting here IF you want it, just come and pick it up. Was in one of my boats and I replaced it. Would need a rebuild as it's been sitting here for about 8 years under canvas.

Frank

Thanks heaps for the offer Frank.   I’m running a Clevo at the moment.    It had a rear mains leak and I decided to have the block machined to fit the Windsor 1 piece seal.  That has grown to refreshing everything, new cam, valves, springs, heads rebuilt for unleaded.   I’m sure you know how it usually  goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,the mrs wanted a cat enclosure for her cat so like usual i recycled an old tv cabinet i had in the shes and modified it a little.Nearly there minus some trim and 20181111_194112_001.thumb.jpg.639831b4274b628af5f591e1db84311a.jpga few bits and bobs.

This is just one of the many things i do when not fishing or working.

Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Well,the mrs wanted a cat enclosure for her cat so like usual i recycled an old tv cabinet i had in the shes and modified it a little.Nearly there minus some trim and 20181111_194112_001.thumb.jpg.639831b4274b628af5f591e1db84311a.jpga few bits and bobs.

This is just one of the many things i do when not fishing or working.

Cheers.

Here's my version, the cats love it, spend most of their time in it. Attached to the house with sliding window as their entrance to it.

Frank559200281_catcageFS.thumb.JPG.92f0cad08700a31702f5a65081effca7.JPG

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Apart from watching fishraider we do movies, PlayStation, online Canasta, Cribbage, Euchre tournaments. 

I am part of a colourist group, run a large support group, sit on an executive national nursing group. 

Swordie is an exceptional gardener. 

Here are some shots

63CEF17B-5218-41F8-8441-010C7B79668C.jpeg450816DD-3892-41F5-8C1D-86FC4191EEB7.jpegEFF94F30-50B9-464A-BA31-81CBEE36318B.jpeg

Wow you could lawn bowl on that grass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Baz, thank you for your compliments. It's very nice to be able to fill in my time making pots, fishing, lawn bowls, and family. I think it helps to keep the arthritis under control a bit too. Thanks for posting your pots too, Frank. They look good on the verandah, eh. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

Saturday chassing tuna after finishing a few home reno's ( tuna success).

Sunday was being passenger to my youngest on her L's. This is normally remote wilderness locations in pretty tough 4x4 locations which she's fast becoming very skilled at. Hiked through extreme terrain where ropes were needed on some of the descents to the base of the many waterfalls. Found and photographed a few snakes, including a tiger and mustard belly.

Deua national park, Diamond creek ( only for the adventurous).

_JDP4512.jpg.114ffb91e1e9ab0635d2fe7ecbec98a8.jpg

Edited by JonD
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, JonD said:

Saturday chassing tuna after finishing a few home reno's ( tuna success).

Sunday was being passenger to my youngest on her L's. This is normally remote wilderness locations in pretty tough 4x4 locations which she's fast becoming very skilled at. Hiked through extreme terrain where ropes were needed on some of the descents to the base of the many waterfalls. Found and photographed a few snakes, including a tiger and mustard belly.

Deua national park, Diamond creek ( only for the adventurous).

_JDP4512.jpg.114ffb91e1e9ab0635d2fe7ecbec98a8.jpg

Breathtaking 

• Like 2