Secure parking - Parsley Bay boat ramp

jtp

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knows of secure parking for 2 cars (one with a boat trailer) around parsley bay boat ramp? Or an alternative launch area that's safe? Just worried leaving the cars unattended for several nights.

Staying at a water front holiday house around Milson's point.

Thanks

Joseph

For a small launching fee you can launch and park at Dolphins ramp It's right up the end of long island close to the bridge. Not lock up but it's pretty well the safest place to leave the cars and trailer, ramp is not the best but OK for up to about a 20 footer with due care.

I have used it for many years when I hire houseboat for Hairtail week ends and never had an issue, also can buy bait and tackle there in business hours.

Frank

On 11/7/2018 at 8:28 AM, zmk1962 said:

I have parked at the ramp overnight without problems but not as long as you are planning. 

Best of luck

Zoran

Thanks mate. 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, masterfisho7 said:

Mate you just have to keep look out at boat ramps that's all I can say

You always hear of smashed windows and stolen goods but I was thinking parsley was going to better then mooney. I guess another consideration is berowa but quite a drive...

On 11/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, frankS said:

For a small launching fee you can launch and park at Dolphins ramp It's right up the end of long island close to the bridge. Not lock up but it's pretty well the safest place to leave the cars and trailer, ramp is not the best but OK for up to about a 20 footer with due care.

I have used it for many years when I hire houseboat for Hairtail week ends and never had an issue, also can buy bait and tackle there in business hours.

Frank

Thanks Frank! I will give them a ring. Only have a 470 coastrunner but bringing 2 kayaks as well so will be bit of a launch for all 3.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, frankS said:

Frank

Just thought I'd thank you again Frank for your advice. I took your advice on Dolphin's ramp. It worked a treat and everything was safe and sound when I got back! I can see how it might be a bit difficult to launch at low tide due to the shallow depth but overall quite a well maintained ramp. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1