Fishing Regulation clarification

Bardy

Hey folks, Just wanting to clarify something regarding the 1 x 70CM Jew bag limit. 

If I'm fishing with my 15yr old son (who doesn't require a licence because he is under 18) does that mean we can have 1 or 2 Mulloway on board ?

Meaning, although unlicenced is he still able to take his bag limit of 1 in addition to mine ?

Thanx in advance..

My understanding is that he (technically) is licensed, the same as other people who have been granted "exemption". Same as pensioners like myself. I am permitted to fish, as if I were a license holder, and are governed by the same rules and regulations. Cheers, bn

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big Neil said:

My understanding is that he (technically) is licensed, the same as other people who have been granted "exemption". Same as pensioners like myself. I am permitted to fish, as if I were a license holder, and are governed by the same rules and regulations. Cheers, bn

Neil is on the money have to agree with him on that 

18 hours ago, savit said:

Recreational fishing in half of Australian states does not require license. People can keep the fish caught there as long as the size/quantity are legal.

As Pauline Hanson would say.....................….Please explain!

What states are you referring to??

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

As Pauline Hanson would say.....................….Please explain!

What states are you referring to??

Generally not required for : QLD, ACT, NT and SA.

Required for: NSW, VIC ,TAS and WA(in certain cases e.g recreational boat fishing, lobsters, freshwater..)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1