Weekend Shenanigans

tyrone07

So finishing up some work training Thursday and the weekend off I thought I would take the wife on an adventure north to Lake St Clair for an exploratory mission and a quick fish. With very limited freshwater experience I was stoked the wife hooked and netted a cracker bass off the top all on her own. With only a few smaller rats I was stoked with the result being the first time up there. Today I hit the local chucking vibes and plastic and managed to land a cracker lizard in 8 meters of water on a zman paddlerz, 3/8tt jig head. All up landed 9 Lizards with my mate which were all released.

12821809-D42C-483D-9947-3A1E830E9397.jpeg

A5507A08-73E0-46D4-BC21-3F91806EE46C.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

I wish my missus would come fishing with me !!! Any tips on how to get the lady onto the water?

My missus will come fishing if I have tidied the garage, the sheds, my filing cabinet in the study, got the gardens looking schmick, painted the house, vacuumed and mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen, done the laundry and hung it on the line, made the bed, etc.

I fish solo quite a bit! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

My missus will come fishing if I have tidied the garage, the sheds, my filing cabinet in the study, got the gardens looking schmick, painted the house, vacuumed and mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen, done the laundry and hung it on the line, made the bed, etc.

I fish solo quite a bit! 😂

She seems like a very reasonable lady 😂😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

I wish my missus would come fishing with me !!! Any tips on how to get the lady onto the water?

Great report

As long as the day is all about her including baiting hooks, unhooking fish, and everything else she is happy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyrone07 said:

As long as the day is all about her including baiting hooks, unhooking fish, and everything else she is happy

I can manage that !!!

I think the biggest hurdle for my mrs is the early wake up....she is not a morning person 😂😂

Perhaps i should offer up an afternoon session instead.

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 9:03 PM, GoingFishing said:

Great report

Me too. I took mine out once many years ago out of Port Stephens, she hooked a Mutton Bird and has refused to touch a rod ever since.

• Haha 4

Mate that's a cracker bass, what about 45cm ? and on a popper that's sensational for StClair, one of my favorite places to be, congratulations to your better half and thanks for sharing with us.

The Flat is not a badun either.

Frank

• Like 1