mrsswordfisherman

ANY RAIDER DRONE USERS?

I've been flying RC aircraft for a number of years no Mrs Swordy.  I've been flying camera and racing drones for the last 5 years what do you need to know?

Bear

• Thanks 1

I have a $50 one sitting at home i haven't fired up yet.

I have a Hubsan X4 Pro but as others have mentioned there are so many out there it depends on what you want to do with it & then as usual what your budget is?

I had a play with a DJI Phantom a few days ago. 

Flew it across a lake over swordie kayaking and thought I might enjoy photography with it.

What is a good quality drone to look at? I don’t want a cheap toy but not a top of the range either. 

4 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I had a play with a DJI Phantom a few days ago. 

Flew it across a lake over swordie kayaking and thought I might enjoy photography with it.

What is a good quality drone to look at? I don’t want a cheap toy but not a top of the range either. 

Donna go the DJI Phantom 4 if you want the best

DJI-PH4AREFURB.jpg

Edited by masterfisho7

The DJ Phantoms are very similar to my Hubsan X4 pro & if I had my time again I wouldn't get a drone with an exposed camera in a gimble.

Also have a look at the DJ's Mavic range, a mate has one & its a great little package

• Like 1

Oh yeahhhhhhh this is the one I would like. A superb device!

I can only dream OR go out to swordie's man cave and sell a couple of rods hehheheheh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

The DJ Phantoms are very similar to my Hubsan X4 pro & if I had my time again I wouldn't get a drone with an exposed camera in a gimble.

Also have a look at the DJ's Mavic range, a mate has one & its a great little package

Stop it @masterfisho7 and @kingie chaser Mavics look unreal

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 6:10 AM, masterfisho7 said:

DJI Mavic

white_mavic_air_3.jpg

This is a Mavic Air. It’s a bit small for my liking. I like the Mavic Pro/ platinum size.

I have a Mavic Pro and it’s a very good drone. It is one of the better quality drones around and will do everything you want from a drone. They are very, very popular for this reason. If you go to a spot where people fly drones and video scenery, 9 out of 10 drones you will see there are Mavics. 

There is a new model out now called Mavic 2 I think. You might be able to pick up a Pro or Platinum for cheap. 

There are more expensive drones but if you want a “good” drone without getting the absolute best, this is one of the ones to get. 

Edited by Hateanchors
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a phantom 3, but its a pain to travel or carry around because of its size

If i could go back, I would get a mavic pro .

It would be so much easier to carry around

• Thanks 1

I would echo what most have said above.

My opinions in a nutshell

DJI simply is the only option if you want decent photos at this time.

Phantom 4  Pro- Awesome machine with the pro version 1" sensor really good but size along with the other phantoms is not small.

Mavic Pro - Really good camera ,(not as good as Phantom 4 pro) fold up so it is smaller than Phantom

Mavic Pro II  -  as good as the Phantom 4 if not better but more costly from what I've seen  folds up nice

Mavic Air  -  What I currently have arguably better camera than Mavic Pro I but not as good as Mavic Pro II or Phantom 4 Pro  (slightly less range that you won't notice if you follow CASA rules only if you go for range tests beyond 4k lol)

Spark - Toy,,, works but camera is 1080p

Older Phantoms ok but no where near today's stuff

Bear

• Thanks 1