Surf/Beach lures

Keve707

This is my go to lure for salmon and tailor. A 35g surecatch bishop with the coloured tape removed and an assist hook set up.

For bream and flathead, even whiting, the same plastics and blades will catch fish from the beach. White, or a natural baitfish colour works for me. Gulp worms in any colour go well too, just fished like bait.

20150909-P1010803.jpg

I'm also keen to see what's working on the beach for other raiders, I don't beach fish often and grew up with the general consensus of getting a kmart beach rod and using pilchards on gang hooks. This works for a mixed bag of salmon, tailor, small sharks etc.

That said, I have had some success with nuclear chicken coloured soft plastics around 4 inch and metal slugs with trebles with tailor and salmon.

36 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Hi Green Hornet,

I notice you use a swivel on the end of your lure. Does that help ?  I use a Fastach clip, seems to work ok. I also use Halco  and Knight blades.

Cheers.

More for the purpose of something to tie my leader to that doesn't have the sharp bits a split ring has rather than the ability to cope with line twist.

I always spin with braid and twist is never an issue.