Yellowtail Amberjack (bka Kingfish) video!

notoriousTASH

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've posted. Mrs and I have finally moved house after a long process of packing, throwing stuff out, donating, moving, unpacking, etc but we finally got there in the end. Still some unpacking to do but it's all hidden in the garage so not even going to look at it until the new year (we'll call it a new year's resolution). Not to mention the fact we have no licenses at the moment and need to renew them, but we will wait until cash flow is back on track. 

ANYWAY, in the meantime we have been watching fishing shows, videos etc but I mainly enjoy watching fish being prepared, particularly in the beginning stages. I always get recommended videos showing up on YouTube and saw a video that caught my eye. A few minutes in to it and I thought I HAVE to share it with you guys. This is a world class Japanese restaurant (in Japan) preparing a favourite of many on here, king fish! The way the prepared it blew my mind. The Japanese use fish as an artform more than a meal. Anyway, link is below, enjoy. 

An interesting video which defines fish preparation as an art form, for sure. A few things surprised me. 1. The fish is washed and prepared in fresh water (running tap water). 2 The chef skims the scales off with a knife and then later skins the fish? 3. Every part of the fish gets used. Very interesting Tash. Cheers, bn

• Thanks 1