Myall Lake - White Tree Bay?

slurm

G’day Raiders

In January I’m heading to the lower Myall Lakes region and staying along White Tree Bay which is a little bit north of Hawks Nest. Aside from the staple beach set up, I was thinking of taking a smaller estuary outfit to perhaps throw some lighter baits or even the odd plastic around. A few Raider threads pre-2006 suggest that the body of water gets little action from any fish but was hoping for some updated information. As it’s my first time there I unfortunately have little insight myself, aside from a few satellite images and what not. Thanks for your time,

Tight Lines!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 2:13 PM, masterfisho7 said:

Like to know how you get on  

G'day mate,

Spent a week camping alongside the Bay and was told by the rangers to try my luck in the deeper water for some bream and flathead. I tried most mornings using 2.5in grubz and the odd powerblade but unfortunately only amounted to some small inquiries and no hookups. I also threw a few small bugs out unweighted on small hooks but that proved no results either.

Like most have said before, the beach was definitely the go. Managed to snag some legal snapper, dart and bream (all released) within a few short 45 minute sunset sessions with ease using pippies. The bait is ridiculously easy to find and works wonders in my experience. I'm keen to see if someone cracks the code of the Bay as it is an outstanding spot and would love to be able to catch a feed within walking distance to the campsite. 

Best of luck to anyone heading to hawko over the next few weeks. Weather has been off tap and I cannot wait to go again.

Cheers