south west rocks

gazzzz

Hi 

I'm hopefully heading to south west rocks around mid December for two weeks than foster for the last week.

I will be land based fishing,mostly beach and maybe some rock fishing and some break wall fishing.

I'm wondering if anyone could give some recommendations.And what sort of fish could be caught this time of year.I will take with me light gear and mid/heavy gear.Mostly  bait fishing dead and alive (depending if I can catch bait for live bait use)

Would  there be any jewies about that time of year or snapper?

Thanks

• Like 1

mate do your self a favour see if you can hookin on a group charter  at swr. money well spent . great fishing this time of year.go down the co op and you can see whats around,fish wise this time of year.you wont be dissapointed.

Edited by dunc333

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks for the replys I had a great time I mostly fished the break wall and the beach nearby on the south side managed to hook a Jew well most likely a jew unfortunately snapped me of on the side of the rock wall.It ran along the wall I couldn't keep up with it being a novice took about 80meters  of line.

Id say it was a jew because 10mins prior to this I seen a guy snorkeling and asked where are the fish so he showed me where he seen some jewies.

Caught some whiting and good size dart of the beach and I spent a lot of low tide time worming in different spots so that was great learning the art.

Cheers