disappointing point

Nyxy

Hi fellow Raiders, this is my first report and will not be the last as we are going into summer.

I went up to shoal bay on friday (which was a challenge in its self as the fires had closed the road) with my family for the weekend. On sunday i went to tomaree mountain down on the old torpedo wall emplacement with my dad and a friend of his. on the walk down i spotted a meter or so dimond back python in a bush. we started fishing just after the top of the tide before lunch which turned out to be a bit too late as what we found. i chucked a prawn on my light spin rod, had a few casts and on the third retrieve a few small kinggies decided to give chase with no hook up. i threw the prawn  back infront of them which lead to a short lived hookup as my hook knot gave way. i quickly tied o n another hook without a sinker while my dad was trying his luck with a pilchard head. one prawn later and I was fighting a 50cm+- rat. after five minutes of turning its head with 8lb line it decided to double back and spit the hook😭. After that we only saw a few schools of kinggies, some held a few 70cm+ members . My dads friend caught a nice 30cm leatherie, just before i got a tiny pekkerhead of a bream. after an hour of disappointment we headed back to camp. 

Hope this helps someone catch their next fish🙂.

Welcome to fishraider! 

You did well to get up here over the weekend and even better to get out for a fish with the weather we had. That spot can certainly be a hit or miss. Fishing from there I would definitely up your line class. Using only 8lb from the rocks usually ends in tears. I’d be using 15-20lb minimum. 

Look forward to your next report! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Using only 8lb from the rocks usually ends in tears. I’d be using 15-20lb minimum. 

i had a an 8foot with 20lb on a daiwa sweepfire 4000 2b incase a hungry school swam past.

• Like 1